Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reading

Just following on from a thread in Baby, do u read to your los yet ?

I read to ds sometimes but I'm not sure he's that interested ...

K x

Replies

• Options
    i read to Alfie every night. Mainly the same book at bedtime 'Sleepy head' Its a repetitive book and he seems to enjoy it and makes him sleepy. We have got quite a few books and i read to him during the day at some point when he is laying on the floor playing.

charlene and alfie
    XX
  • Options
    i have just began to make more of an effort to read Luen some of his books. My mum him hungry catterpillar in hardback and he seems to really like it now as he quite nosey anyway! Think he just wants to eat the book lol xx
  • Options
    I read to the boys at night, even if theyre already asleep! lol!

However, its harder during the day as im always doing something - feeding one of them or changing a nappy, or theyre asleep! And I like to share books with them which is easier when theyre tired as I can share with both of them rather than one at a time! lol!
  • Options
    I read to Seth sometimes. he looks at the pictures, well stares at the book anyway!! Must do more of it tho.
  • Options
    I try and read him a book a day. he is showing interest but more so in eating the book than admiring pictures or anything else. He does get a bedtime story most nights but somenights he kicked so much in bath he is asleep whilst fin bottle so we just put him straight down. am looking to invest in some cloth / waterproof books so he can get the idea of page turning without ripping the real books x