Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

8 month check up

heya
just wondering if any of our babies have had their 8 month check yet?
I'm just wondering what they look for?
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, No AJ hasn't had his yet and we haven't been contacted about it. Do you know if we are meant to book this appointment? xxx
  • Options
    Evening,

Isabelle had hers, but the HV (not our normal one) only checked her weight and height, and observed her sitting up on her own and using the pincher grip which they check, but I questioned my normal HV that Isabelles hips and leg joint weren't checked like my sons at this check 18 months previous. So I've got to go tomorrow and the normal HV will check it all lol!

I think that is all they check for, but I'll update you tomorrow if its any different.

Ali
    xx
  • Options
    That would be fab Ali, thank you. Did you book the appointment or did the HV contact you? xxx
  • Options
    DD had hers last week (at 2 days past 7 months pah!!) They sent me a letter for the appointment though.

Her weight, height, head circumference were checked. As were her legs & hips.
    Whether she can blow raspberries, babble, sit, roll, stand, crawl, hold things with both hands, do the pincer grip errrr, think that was it! Enough though lol x
  • Options
    ours has been booked in for mid june - pheebs isnt really showing any signs of the pincer grip, what happens then??
  • Options
    they check quite a lot then.
    malkymum - my hv said she would ring me and call around the house to do the checks but this probably varies from place to place I would guess.
    lucyah - maybe pheebs will be able to do it by then but if not it's probably nothing to worry about-all babies learn and grow at different speeds.
    xx
  • Options
    yeh, i have been holding out raisins for her to practice!! lol (obviously none go near her mouth!)
  • Options
    lol bless her. tbh I had not thought to try this with my dd!! may try her tomorrow lol!!
    xx