Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pram or Pushchair?

Hello there.
I was just wondering when i should turn my pram into pushchair mode? When did you/do you plan to put your babies in the pushchair?

My lo is 17 weeks now and i've seen lots of babies of similar age in pushchairs (i thought she would have been in the pram for longer). We have the Silver Cross Linear Freeway that turns into either parent facing or forward facing pushchair.

The time is going so quickly, i put her in her cot in her own room for the first time last night and cried my eyes out :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hiya
    I put my DD into her pushchair when she was 15 weeks - she's long & a big baby anyway and as much as I loved seeing her in the carrycot part of it, she couldn't move her arms & her head was touching the top :lol:

Luckliy the pushchair I've got (iCandy Apple) can be laid pretty much flat & it faces to me too.
    She seems happier since she's been in it cuz she can see more!!!
  • Options
    Hi

I have also just put DD into her pushchair facing me and she is 21 weeks (I have a mamas and papas ulitmo), Loved seeing her in the pram bit but she started to get to big for it and also really nosey and wanted to see things.

Time is going so fast they will be teenagers before we know it lol xx
  • Options
    I put Seth in his pushcahir but then when the weather was all cold and snowy i put him back in the pram as it looks more warm and cosey. I've got a Jane travel system and its big although i dont think it will be long b4 he's out grown it!
  • Options
    Evan went into pushchair mode this week at 17 weeks. He is on the 98th centile for height so a very tall boy and the pram was just getting too small for him. We have a Mamas and Papas Skate.

Jx
  • Options
    My Lo has been in the pram since birth. We have th Loola up and never bought the carrycot as the pram lays flat facing me and we bought a cosytoes too that he lies on.
  • Options
    im dreading dd going into her pushchair as it faces the other way... 3d silvercross one. Shes got about another month before it happens i think, which isn't bad i guess since shes 17 weeks today image
  • Options
    I've actually bought a Maclaren buggy for Dylan as he is a big boy and didn't look comfy in the pushchair. I don't drive either so have to rely on public transport so I needed to get a lightweight buggy I could haul over the million steps at our local train station while carrying a very heavy baby.

He absolutely loves his buggy and can look around at everything, although I miss not being able to look at him.

• Options
    I've got the Mothercare My3 and DS has been "sat up" in the "pushchair mode" (but still facing me) for about 4/6 weeks now (he is 22 weeks now). He's so much happier as he can see what is going on.

K x
  • Options
    Yesterday I took my My3 in to Mothercare to be fixed (sticky wheel) and they "loaned" me the Maxi Cosi Loona or Loola (something like that) which is really upright (like a proper chair) although still forward facing and DS LOVES it! I'm a bit worried how he'll react when I put him back in the My3 - ha ha !!!
  • Options
    My Silver Cross is in for repair too (i 'apparently' bent something changing it to pushchair mode oops!!) but the shop have loaned me this really horrible Chicco buggy!! it's dirty, it's only forward facing, has no cosy toes or raincover and i can't get the straps tight enough to secure my dd properly image The Loola sounds nice tho image xx