Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone's newborn have a cold?

Poor Matilda (13 days today), has got the snuffles! Yellow snot and all! Thankfully it is not really an issue with breastfeeding atm, as she seems to be able to breathe quite well then. But sleeping is a pickle, she cant sleep flat, so last night slept on me while I was half sitting up. She was snoring and shuffling, poor baby!

And I know here isnt a lot I can do to help her. I will get some saline drops though for when the nose is especailly stuffed.

Bad timing for her to get a cold though, we were just starting to get nice timings for nighttime boobing ...

AND my oh is back to work today, so I m all tired and looking after toddler and a snuffly baby.

Hope you are all well!

Good luck to all the ladies whos babies are still in the tummy!

Foox
xx

Replies

• Options
    Logan has had a snuffly nose since he was born! They said it is something to do with the mucus not clearing properly from a csection. OH finds it hilarious cos me and Logan snore in tandem at night! LOL!
    Hope Matilda is feeling better soon though ( by te way I LOVE the name. It was at the top of our list if we had had a girl.)
  • Options
    We are having the same problem & was told it was down to the c-section, same as snugglenush, I asked for saline in the hospital to help clear it & find it works wonders. We use it whenever they sound snuffly. My two have been snuffly since day 1 bless them!