Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Christmas

Hi girls
I have two questions for you all.

1. What are you doing for christmas? we are going to my parents house but OHs parents coming too and my sister and grandparents. can't wait! Christmas is my favourite time of year!!

2. What (if anything) are you getting LO for Christmas? I was thinking of maybe getting him something small but then using the January sales to stock up on other things for when he is a bit bigger.

Heidi and Logan
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ooh I LOVE christmas! We're going to my parents on the actual day and they've got a load of my dads family going too so it'll be a big one!
    We're going to the IL's on boxing day which is a bit annoying for me because my parents are having family from my mums side over who I really want to see. May have to make an excuse and sneak over there lol!

With presents we're not going to go mad, Dexter likes being bounced so we're going to get him a doorway bouncer. It'll be something he can use for a while then.
  • Options
    i love christmas too but im trying to avoid the subject with both set of folks at the mo as of course they both want us to be with them, and to be honest in the past i have held xmas at my house with them both, but i just dont know this year where it will be held and will one set be upset if we arent with them on the day etc etc family politics!
    in regards to presents i have bought about 4 things for LO, not going overboard as he is really too young, plenty of years to come where he will be spoilt, instead the money is going towards the 3 of us going away for a weekend come feb.
  • Options
    We are doing christmas lunch as just the 3 of us as i cant imagine us being organised enough to get out of the house early and then heading over to my parents for the afternoon/early evening as they are only a short distance away and hopefully i would have been signed off as being able to drive after my c-sec by then. I found out 2 days after Biba was born that my dad has cancer (they had been keeping it from me) so he cant drive with his chemo so we want him to spend as much time with her as possible.

I feel really scrooge like saying this, but we are not getting Biba anything for christmas, i know that grandparents have already got her some bits and to be honest there isnt really anything else that she needs that we can give her right now. Because she will have to wait all year for her birthday and christmas to come around again, we will save the money and get her something she needs in a few months time when the initial baby excitement has slowed down from family and friends
  • Options
    You're not a scrooge moomin!!I contemplated not bothering but I am going to see what parents etc. are getting him. Cos I have a feeling that actually my grandparents want to put money in to his trust fund and as LO will be 3 months old at Christmas (OMG!!) he does need some more stimulating toys etc.
  • Options
    Well I am a scrooge to, i've decided not to get lo anything, i was going to get a christmas day outfit but he has so many lovely wee outfits he'll never get to wear all so just going use one of them x
  • Options
    Oooh I can't believe Christmas is so close!! Hubby and I are lucky as both sets of parents live in the same town which is about twenty minutes from us so we get to see everyone on Christmas Day and Boxing day as well as hubby's brother, sister in law and their two kids and my two brothers and their partners, and my granny. We're eating Christmas dinner at my parents (I had to fight for that as we ate there last year!).
    Poppy has had so many presents since the day she was born and now people are asking what they can get her for Christmas and I can't think of anything - she's pretty much sorted for the next year!! So we're only giving her one present which is a doll - I really want her to have a lovely doll and I want her first one to be from me and hubby. I've seen some lovely rag dolls about.
    xx
  • Options
    This i a very sore subject at the moment lol! Usually on Christmas day we open presents at ours really early then go to hubbys mum and dads and open presents there, then on to his nans to open presents there with his cousins etc then to my mums. Ive put my foot down this year as there is no way im getting up at stupid o'clock to get myself and dd ready only to hump her around house to house! The MIL wants us all to go to hers for christmas day and dinner (inc my mum) but ive said no to hubby and told him to invite them to our house instead. Purely because I dont want to sit her in her car seat all day and evening, plus MIL has 2 yappy dogs who try to jump all over dd and we would have to bring everything but the kitchen sink to her house! Just easier if they came here! MIL hasnt got back to us with an answer so im guessing its a no!! lol. Just dont see why we have to go to all these places when all his family need to do is get dressed and leave the house!! (sorry if I sound hormonal lol).

As for dd's presents! I did say we wouldnt get her anything as too young - that was until I went to mamas and papas at the weekend!! Oops.....!
  • Options
    I too am being a scrooge I bought a playmat last week which is an early christmas present and will buy her a lovely outfit for christmas and then save the money for when she's a bit older. We have the same problem with my son as his birthday's at the end of Jan!

We are going to use hubby's parents as a base for christmas as they have spare rooms and have lunch/evening and but visit my mum's in the morning.

I love mamas and papas Sarah so will have to stay away!
  • Options
    We are going to my parents for Christmas where my sister, BiL and their 6 month old will be there too.
    We'll be there for until the Tuesday when we'll come home for a couple of days with just the three of us - then we've got DH other 2 children for new year until the Monday.

We've got Alex a Pirate Percy Pig money box and not much else at the moment - and we've asked other people for a donation towards his cot as he's rapidly outgrowing his moses basket

Beth x
  • Options
    We are going to my parents for Christmas where my sister, BiL and their 6 month old will be there too.
    We'll be there for until the Tuesday when we'll come home for a couple of days with just the three of us - then we've got DH other 2 children for new year until the Monday.

We've got Alex a Pirate Percy Pig money box and not much else at the moment - and we've asked other people for a donation towards his cot as he's rapidly outgrowing his moses basket

Beth x