Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help! Having a real hormonal moment :(

Hi girls

Af arrived today which could explain things but today is probably the first day i've felt like i can't cope. My oh is a chef and does a hard week then an easy week. This week is his hard week which means he leaves the house at 8.30am and doesn't get home til 11.30pm all from monday to sunday. Only excepion is he finishes at 4 today and doesn't start til 2 tomorro. As you can imagine i find these weeks very tough as i am completely on my own pretty much all week. Oh does as much as he can when he can and i know he finds it hars being awy from us. Today i am just so tired after 2 days of a growth spurt and ds been v unsettled today. I haven't managed to eat one meal warm today. Its all been one handes and cold by time i finish it.

To top it off oh has gone out tonight. On his one night with us this week. He came home for half an hour i heated some soup up for him whilst he gave ds a cuddle, he let me have a quick showee and then he was gone. He asked me if i minded him going but he asked me as he was leaving so i could hardly say that i didn't want him going could i? He then sent me a really drunken text message and i made the mistake of ringing him and got all upset. He is really drunk and don't think he overly appreciated it and has no intention of being home soon. Funny thing is he is out 'wetting the babys head' with hs friend. i frgot that he did it all single handed so is the only one who celebrates.

as i hve said before though i love my hsband so much and he is a great dad think i just need some kimd of adult interaction this week! Taking logan into work tomorrow i cant wait. Sure i will feel ebettr in the morning.

Sorry 4 the long ramble
Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Aw Hun sorry you feel like this-looks like these feelings hit us all! You are doing so well though can appreciate the meals going cold bit, babies have such an uncanny ability to wake up as soon as your food is ready! Agree with due, are there any relatives or friends who could help you out a bit? Sympathise about the 'head wetting' thing too, my dh went out with a load of our mates at the weekend while I got to stay at home (in fairness though he was back by 10:30) and he's going out for a celebratory curry with his work mates while I...yep you guessed it! Don't understand the whole head wetting tradition myself but there you go. I know it's hard but try and do something nice for yourself when he's asleep even if it's just having a cup of tea with your feet up on the sofa. Hugs
  • Options
    Aww Snugglenush hope you are feeling a bit better today. I had a week like this last week - my oh found out he will be working in Luton until July - we live in Nottingham. To top it off i'm still bf and my 22 month ds has started being naughty and i just couldn't cope! I thought I was a bad mum and spent most of last week crying, my oh thought i had pnd. I think i was just tired and hormonal.
    Anyway long story short I've had some sleep and feel a completely different person to last week my ds is still naughty but i feel i can handle him a lot better so it does get easier.

Its still early days and hormones are still flying around it sounds like you are doing great looking after ds, I hope you have a great time showing off your baby at work xxx

oops sorry about the ramble!
  • Options
    Morning girls - I really do love all of you on this forum!! You never fail to make me feel better - I think the BIO ladies are very lucky!

Am feeling much better this morning - OH is watching LO (I say watching LO - OH is asleep and so is Logan lol) whilst I have breakfast and do my hair and stuff. I think I was just tired and one of the blokes that ended up out with OH - well, he often gets in a right mess and my OH normally gets dragged in to it lol so I was a bit concerned as to what kind of state he would arrive home in!! Luckily, he could have been in a worse state - but he didn't speak to me or Logan when he got in at 2.30 even though we were both up feeding! Probably for the best though haha!!

Plumduff/due - My parents only live about half an hour away but they work all week but they come over every weekend if I don't go and see them. My Mum and Dad did pop over on Wednesday but only to drop some shopping off for me - they couldn't stay long.

Melissajs - Don't even get me started on people thinking you have pnd. I have a history of mental health problems (only minor but a few years ago I had an anxiety disorder). I am absolutely fine now but feel like people are constantly watching me for signs cos they are convinced that I will get it and won't say anything to anyone. Thing is it makes me not want to tell people i've had a tough day in case they jump to conclusions! I know I had a bad day yesterday but I know for a fact I do not have pnd! But he won't listen!

Anyway, I have just finished my cup of tea(first one ive finished in ages lol) so am going to go and do my hair now. Only got to survive the weekend on my own - then OH is on his easy week and we are going to stay with his parents in Lythm.

Thank you for everything!
    xxx
  • Options
    ARG hormones suck! Totally get where you are coming from hun. It is hard when you are on your own most of the time - at least the men get to go to work and talk to other adults. I was in town the other day and I found myself starting conversations with random strangers, I got some very odd looks!

And I know what you mean about not wanting to admit you are having a hard day. I had some counselling at the start of this year after I had a miscarriage and I think my hubby thinks that if I have a down day I am on my way to full blown pnd. But it's not - it's just hormones and adjusting to a new life, plus serious lack of sleep.

I'm glad you are feeling better - I do love the girls on here they really are so very very supportive aren't they?!