Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contraception...

So, presumably we wont all by trying for bambino number 2/3/4 straight away??! Have you given any thought to contraception? I've read all the leaflets given out by the hospital and can safely say that not one of the methods appeal to me..... I don't want any that last too long as we will want to try for number 2 within the next year......

What have you decided on?

Replies

• Options
    I THINK I am going to try the implant - I am not planning on trying for another 3 - 4 years anyway, and I like the fact that once you take it out the effects go away almost straight away. I did have some problems with the pill. Although, now that I am not breastfeeding - I could just go straight back on the pill I was on before.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha....is having a young baby around not contraception enough? Keep threatening hubby with the snip because we're not having any more - 2 is more than enough for us! Personally I prefer condoms cos no mess for me, but I know a lot of men don't like them. I remember the doctor asking me at the 6 week check last time, my reply was "Ha, you must be joking!" xx
  • Options
    We aren't planning on having our 2nd (and last!) Baby for around another 3 or 4 years yet so am just going to go back on the pill I was on for years as never had any problems with it x
  • Options
    When i'm finally brave enough to get it on...prob sometime in late 2011 ;\) we'll be using condoms and when AF regulates, my CBFM but in 'reverse' (can't take any sort of hormone)...not thinking about TTC until Summer 2012 at the earliest! image

SF xxx
  • Options
    I'm back on the pill, started it this week but not put it to practice yet since i've had the boys. To be honest twins are a fabulous form of contraception!! In the meantime my other half is on the waiting list for the snip, i've done my bit, now it's his turn!! xx