Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

favourite moment with LO so far

Hi ladies

I thought I would start a thread to find out what has been your favourite moment with your lo?
Mine has to be last night, I had been to a girly night at my friends house and left dd with my hubby for the evening. When I got back around midnight she was still awake in her moses basket and as soon as she heard and saw me she started smiling away as if to say "yay my mummy is home and I missed her!". It was one of the best moments of my life and I will never forget it! Made me so happy! Something so simple that will be remembered forever! X

Replies

• Options
    I had something similar this morning, I was having my morning cuddles with him in bed, I was dozing but he was wide awake. He made a noise so I opened my eyes to find him staring at me with a massive smile on his face! Refuse to believe it was wind but even if it was its made my day!
  • Options
    Mine is similar to yours Sarah.
    I went out for the first time the other day and left LO with OH - was only out for 2 hours but I got back and he was sat on his dad's knee with his dummy in and he smiled such a big smile that his dummy fell out lol. Same thing happened yesterday when I got back from my hair apointment.
    Gorgeous!!
  • Options
    I LOVE the smiles too!!
    Mind you, what I love most at the moment is when dd wakes for her night feed, I scoop her up from her carrycot and put the dim night-light on. Its so cute because she turns her head intently staring at me , her eyes all big and wide searching for my face in the dim light, then she finally focuses on me , and her body relaxes, she seems to let out a sigh then snuggles up for her feed.. SXo sweet
  • Options
    I have so many lovely moments to choose! I have to say though - one of my absolute fave moments has to be when she was plonked on my chest after she was born. She was all slimy and beautiful and immediately alert - she blinked at me with these enormous black eyes and my heart melted. Her body felt so warm and wrinkly and I just couldn't believe how clever my body was to be able to grow such an amazing baby. It truly is a miracle.