Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello ladies!

Hia girlies!! We made it!
OK so technically my LO was born in September but I hope you won't mind if I stick around here!?

So how are you all doing with your little ones? Logan is now almost 2 weeks old and we are going OK. I really struggled at first with the breastfeeding so have ended up mix feeding. I did try expressing but it was totally unsuccessful lol! It is working really well for me and my OH though and it meant that I could get plenty of rest to recover from my section. Now that I am feeling a bit better - I am breastfeeding and bit more and hope to mainly breastfeed baby with a little bit of formula top up every now and then but we will see how it goes!

OH goes back to work tomorrow image He is a chef so will be working 9am til 11pm!! It is going to be tough and I can't deny I am actually terrified!! At the moment I get little bits of time to myself to have a shower etc, but thats all going to disapear!

Looking forward to having the whole group of us here! Good luck to anyone still awaiting the arrival of their bundle of joy!!

Heidi and Logan
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello! My wee little Matilda is on day 3 today. Has spent the first night at home.

Am boobing, the proper milk has not come in yet, but I m thinking I ll get the dolly parthons tomorrow. Matilda is doing pretty good with feeding, though it is hard for her to get hold of my (a bit tmi) huge nipples lol!

She has got quite a lot of wind during night though, cant put her on her back to sleep. So she slept on me and daddy last night. I think she is swallowing air when she s trying to get rid of some mucus in her throat. They didnt clear her out at all after delivery. She did cough some out this morning, so I m hoping the wind will ease off.

She is absolutely gorgeous and so different from my boy! Hugo is a light strawberry blond and her hair is a very very dark brown! Heheheh! Will totally be team daddy and team mummy image

We are doing well, Hugo is a bit manic (showing off and wanting my attention) but is loving his wee sister and calls her bebis Tilda :P

Hope you are all well! And lets get the Born in Oct 10 started!

Edite xx

[Modified by: fooxoo on October 12, 2010 11:28 AM]

• Options
    Hey everyone!

Well I can't believe we made it either! Its very surreal yet at the same time it is like Maisie has always been a part of our life (that prob doesn't make sense at all!!).
    Snugglenush Maisie was born same day as Logan so is a sept baby too but I'm sticking around here too!

Everything seems to be going well. We are bottle feeding. The only issue we have at the moment is getting Maisie to sleep at night in her moses basket! It takes on average 3 hours! She has no problem falling asleep anywhere else day or night, so not really sure what to do about that one. Once she is asleep though she will wake roughly every 3.5 - 4 hours for a feed, so can't complain!

It has taken me a while to recover from my c sec and I now have an infection in my scar so I'm on about a million tablets a day but apart from that all is good. Am finally mobile again. Hubby doesn't go back to work till 25th so still got a couple of weeks yet, I know what u mean about getting that little bit of time to do things like have a shower. I too am a bit worried when he goes back. Am sure we will all be fine though! One thing I have learnt - you really do have to be able to multitask to be a mum lol. And learn to do things one handed!! I think I've got the nack of that now!

Looking forward to the whole october gang joining us over here with all our new arrivals xx
  • Options
    I was DIS but Noah finally arrived on 03 Oct!
    Unlike with ds (who was 6 days old before coming home) we were home the day after birth so that was good.
    I'm bf and am finding it a struggle at times, especially at night. I think it's hard for everyone when you're up so much in the small hours! He doesn't seem to be in any sort of routine and has only gone for a maximum of 2.5hrs between feeds but sometimes only goes 30mins! Very tiring!
    Contemplated putting him on bottles after a totally sleepless night last week but have managed to stick with it, there is definitely an amount of guilt with bf!
    I'd say I'm definitely more chilled out this time and hopefully that's rubbing off on him as he does seem more settled than his brother used to be. DH is due back at work next Monday so still have that support for a while yet. I think the hardest thing will be getting organised for the school run, although I think DH is going to continue with them up until half term which will be a huge help!
    Good luck to all those still awaiting the arrival of their bundles and congrats to all those who have their babies with them!! xx
  • Options
    YEY, we're here!!

I too had a Sept baby but will be sticking in here with you lovely lot!

Lauren is now 2 weeks old and is an absolute angel! She is so content and barely ever cries - saying that though she lost a lot of weight the first week of her life due to a ridiculous amount of mucus, poor little mite....I imagine when she gets a bit stronger her vocal cords will be exercised a lot more! She has put 11oz on in 5 days so I'ma proud mummy at the mo!

She doesn't seem to keen on latching to my nipple so for now I am using nipple shields, once she's fed from me I'm having to top her up with expressed breast milk as she doesn't keep going on me until she's full....So as you can imagine I spend the majority of my day with a pump on, feeding on steralising!! Oh, the glamour!

I feel fab following my c-sec and and I'm now back driving. Hubby has gone back to work - 12 hour days, 6 days a week image It;s a long day by yourself! I'm hoping to be able to pop out throughout the day for my sanity.....and to avoid the stream of guests who keep arriving unannounced - usually as I'm heading for a sleep!

All in all I'm loving being a mummy, just finding the getting up in the night hard....roll on sleeping through!

Can't wait until everyone is here! xx
  • Options
    hello ladies another sept baby sticking in oct!

Alex is two weeks today and it anyone has read my bs you'll know that we've didn't have the easiest of starts!

i'm pretty much given up on bf as i'm just finding it too hard - i know it is hard work but I also think that i should be reduced to tears everytime i try and get him latched on as that is doing both od us no good at all. however, i have been able to get some good volumes of expressed milk in the morning so i've been bf first thing, then giving him the expressed milk as second breakfast, formula for lunch then expressing again for later.

i know this isn't the conventional way of doing thing but i'm just trying to get enough food into him, as he's not regained his birth weight yet and we can't be discharged from the midwife until he does - hopefully this will be tomorrow! I've just got to overcome the guilt I'm feeling about giving up but oh thinks that i should be happy with what i'm doing and that at least he's had his colostrum.

he's a very sleepy baby - well...sleepy in the day and screams at night for about an hour or so - but i do think half of that is hunger which i may have cracked today!

looking forward to seeing everyone here!

B x
  • Options
    I agree Nicola! There is definately alot of guilt around BF - although I don't know about you but with me - all the guilt is in my own head haha. Nobody has made me feel guilty for not BF'ing exclusively - in fact everyone is surprised I managed to do it after the 2 day's of no sleep and then the emergency c-sec. I just find myself constantly justifying my reasons for mix feeding lol. I think it's part of being a mum - if it wasn't BF'ing I was feeling guilty about it would be something else!!!!
    Bethybobs - I understand completely how you feel!! I suppose we just have to keep reminding ourselves that as long as our babies are happy and we are happy then that is all that matters!!

Can't wait to share this rollercoaster with you all lol! I don't think one day has gone by where I haven't cried yet! Normally just cos I am overwhelmed with happiness and disbelief!
  • Options
    Hi girls - another one who's baby made an early appearance in September but sticking around here! Deacon is now 16 days old and is another one who didn't like the booby!! I'm exclusively expressing and feel like Daisy the cow at the moment! He hasn't regained his birth weight yet either so I am slightly worried but will just have to see how it goes. He is brilliant throughout the day - sleeping then waking every 3ish hours for a feed, havng some alert time and then going back to sleep. However between 9pm and 2am he is hard work - waking every half hour crying for food and then only taking 10ml!! Little terror - HV said this is quite normal but I'm dreading next week when hubby goes back to work and Deacon is relying soley on me!! Scary!! Glad everyone is doing well though - motherhood is crazy but loving it so far!!x
  • Options
    Hello Ladies

Isabella is now 12 days old - where has the time gone? She is such a different baby from her big brother. I really struggled to bf him and ended up expressing and mix feeding - definitely agree about the guilt feeling - but Isabella latched on right from the beginning and although its not always easy we have managed to continue and slowly getting the hang of it. She lost some weight to start with but is now gaining well image

She seems to wake up just as we are going to bed which is very tiring and she struggles with wind at night time but other than that can't complain!!! Her big brother seems to adore her and constantly wants to kiss her.

Chickidee - how long after your c section did you start driving and did you need to get docs to sign you off?

Hope all mummies and babies are well xxx
  • Options
    I was going to ask the same question melissa as I was told I had to wait at least 6 weeks before driving after my cs. Apparantly you aren't always insured straight away either?
  • Options
    Hi Melissa / Snugglenush

I was advised my my community midwife that I was able to drive as soon as i felt fit but I had to check with my insurance company first. I called (on 4 different occaisions so as to speak to diff people!) and each of them told me that I was fully covered and they did not reuqire any written comfirmation from a doctor or midwife as c-sections as becoming more and more common so it's a waste of docs time!! I figured that they must realise that there is no way I would get in a car if i couldn't slam that brake on! I know some insurance companies can be quite strict with it but it's worth calling to see - I hate having cabin fever!!

Hope this helps - worth a shot girlies xx
  • Options
    Just to let u know girls, I spoke to my insurance company today and they said I can drive again whenever I want to and they don't need any gp confirmation. So I will prob drive again next week x