Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really noisy baby when sleeping

Hey does anyone else have a really noisy sleeping baby? my little one over the past 3 days has become so noisy when sleeping, it sounds like grunts and its constant, i was wondering if he is perhaps not compfy in his basket anymore, or if something else is troubling him, or is it just plain simple dreaming noises? he also gets a stuffy nose which irritates him every so often and causes some funny nasel noises, but these noises do worry me sometimes, of course they keep me up, but they dont wake him up, any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    I could have written this myself! Loud grunts and nasely breathing for about 2 hours after he falls to sleep! I have no idea what it is so can't help sorry - but at least you know that you're not alone! I have tried saline nose drops with DS as sure he had a cold and these seemed to help a bit but the grunts were still there!x
  • Options
    my baby does this too. Went to docs thinking he had a cold lol!! He is generally a very vocal baby so its just norm for some. I was told sailine drops help aswell xx
  • Options
    My little girl does this too! She also is very vocal when I am breastfeeding her and often wakes up OH at night when I'm feeding her as she grunts so loudly. LOL Glad I'm not the only one too! I was thinking of posting that question myself!! xXx
  • Options
    Yeah me too! Last night she was sooooo loud!!! Glad that other babies do this too - I was starting to get a bit worried about it!
  • Options
    good to hear that grunts are common!! they do make us worry dont they!!
    so whats worse at keeping us awake hubbies snoring or baby's grunts lol
  • Options
    My boy is doing the same thing! I think he sounds like a little wild animal LOL! He grunts and kicks in his sleep for hours. I worry about his tummy, but it sounds like it is normal since all of you have the same thing. elizaxx
  • Options
    had a quick look online and many sites say its due to gas etc, the MW called this morning so i double checked with her, and she said i could try colic granuals or infacol see if that works, and that babies make many noises, she did say though that if the grunts are also with LO being an off colour, not wanting food, or breathless / breathing harder then to go to the gp - not wanting to worry any of you!
    going to get some infacol today see if that does anything, wonder if LO sleep is disturbed too by all of his noises?
  • Options
    my boy does too......he usually is very vocal about an hour before each feed...so I wake up, look at him and by the time I look he's back to sleep...I never know when to get the feed ready at night...hahah

DLAM xxx
  • Options
    i discovered it was wind with my baby, Im using infacol and hes more content. Along side with more winding xx