Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Down day

Come on ladies I need a kick up the bum

Firstly I'm so incredably tired I don't know if I'm coming or going......

Feeling really down - just got back from Amelia's 6 week check and she's only put on 3oz in 2 weeks. I am BF and it feels like she's attached to me constantly - but she's obvously not getting enough goodness from me. She's also not been sleeping well and the Health visitor says it could very well be down to the fact she's hungry.

We already give her a bottle of formula at night to try and help her to settle so it looks like I'm going to have to add in another bottle through the day.

I'm just feeling so guilty because I've been trying so hard to keep Amelia happy that my 3 yr old has been left to her own devices more than she should. As a result she's starting to play us up for attention and is winding her Dad up something chronic (he finds it harder to ignore than me). Neither child had been getting what they need from me properly and I'm now a wreck.

Who said it's easier second time round ?????

Sorry for the rant but I needed to start to clear my head a bit.

Replies

• Options
    Ah hun don't be so hard on yourself you're doing a fantastic job, I have trouble with just the one baby let alone a toddler as well! Have you tried expressing your bm if you don't want to add more formula?

It's going to be a difficult transition for your dd1, she's not had to share you with anyone before so it's going to take a bit of time for her to get used to the new addition but she will I promise!

Can sympathise completely with the tiredness, i've been up since 4 this morning because a certain someone didn't want to settle in his cot for more than half an hour.

Rant away hun, thats what we're here for!
  • Options
    Hi JO - can't write as long a reply as I would like as we are going out soon and I have nothing ready!

Everybody has down days sweety - and like Plumduff says, it is hard enough managing with one!1 I can't imagine having a toddler to deal with aswell. As for how your dd1 is dealing with the new arrival - my mum said I was the same. I hated it to begin with apparantly., But I did get used to it and helped my mum with little jobs etc. Is there anyway someone could lookg after the baby for an hour or two and you could do something special with your dd1?

As for neither of your children getting what they need - they quite clearly are getting everything they need in you! The fact that you are feeling this way shows that you are doing a fantastic job and are a fantastic mummy!

I'm so tired lately that I haven't actually seen my husband in days image He is on his hard week so ;eft house this morning at 6.30am and got home last nught gone midnight and I was sooo fast asleep I didn't hear him. I just woke up to an empty bed image

Keep smiling, keep up the good work and keep ranting if it makes you feel better!!
    xx
    (So much for not writing a long response again!!lol)