Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone find themselves worrying over everything??

Mali is my second child so you would think id have a pretty good idea of what im doing, but ive just found myself crying for over an hour because im worrying over every little thing, she finds it hard to catch her breath at least 3 times during a feed and im whipping her up trying to get her to breath again, i know its probs just her gulping too fast but it scares the absolute life out of me! She's also really constipated which im trying to help by giving a tiny bit of cool boiled water but not much luck yet and its horrible to see her in pain image . Mali seems so snuffly when she's feeding to, like she needs to clear her throat, i cant remember if my eldest was like this?

Ive just sat cuddling her, tears streaming down my face wondering if shes completly healthy or if she may have some problem or illness we dont know about yet, and feeling guilty that i couldnt breast feed. I know its my hormones and lack of sleep mainly but i cant help it! I seem to have gone from total euphoria (sp?) to an anxious paranoid mummy in just 6 days!!

please tell me im not alone?? xx

Replies

• Options
    i am exactly the same and the funny thing is logan is the same as mali! He has always been snuffly when feeding and i seriously thought he was going to choke to death today during a feed. I think it is just a sign that we are good mums! You can alway speak to midwife about anything u worried about. X
  • Options
    oh wanted to add logan is mix fed and still makes those sounds when breastfeeding so dont beat yourself up thinking its that x
  • Options
    One answer to your question hun - YES!!! Lol. I'm a first time mum but I can imagine it is the same with each baby!! I worry about everything, I really wish these little ones did come with a manual!!

To be honest we've not had the best start. Maisie has already had thrush in her mouth, a cold and not potentially has colic (been to docs 3 times already!!). Add on top of that she has been referred to a peadiatrician as her fotanelle is one finger width too small and the fact that she actually lost weight at clinic this week and that equals one very stressed out worried mummy!! She looks and seems fine though! X