Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Night owl baby

Hi all, i was in due in nov but i had my baby boy on tues 26th oct. He sleeps well in the day but wont sleep at night unless we cuddle him in bed. If i put him dwn in the moses he screams. He started out bf for 3 days but he got jaundice and lost 90z in 3 days so i have been bottle feeding but he only take 1-2oz at a time every 2-3 hrs. Ive been expressing a little bit for him too.
Is any one else lo like this? Any advice?

Daniel 6 days old

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,
    We were like this until the point you are now, since then night times are getting a little better (touch wood!) although we're only on day 8! We use very dim lights at night time feeds and we keep the radio on all night, very low. This was a suggestion of the midwife and seems to have helped, along with a night light left on all of the time. Also we have a rolled up towel in her moses basket in a U shape, which we place her bum up to the middle of it, with her legs over it. Not sure if this makes sense but it helps her feel snuggled all night long.
    It WILL improve before you know it, although the nights seem so long at this stage, don't they?
    xx
  • Options
    Thanx ladies. we turned a corner last nite hopefully. I swaddle him loosely and he doesny feel the cold sheets in the moses then and wake. He woke every 2 hrs last nite for a 1-2oz feed which is fine at least u get 2hrs. Mid wife came today and hes put 5oz on so just 4 to reach birth weight. x