Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

calling all c-section ladies :)

Hiya

Hope everyone is well!!

Well its now 3weeks today since i had Tyler and not being able to drive is driving me mad - no pun intended lol. SO, i was wondering how many of u waited the recommended 6 weeks post surgery. Might fone the insurance co tomorrow, see if i would be covered.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya hun

I started driving 2 weeks post surgery - my insurance company weren't interested and said I could drive whenever...! The driving part itself was a doddle, it was heaving the car seat and pram in and out which was problamatic!!

It feels amazing getting your independance back though!!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Bryony

I rang my insurance company 2 weeks after the op and they said it was fine for me to start driving again whenever I wanted! I didn't actually need to drive again until 4 weeks post op though so that's when I did. I'm now almost 7 weeks post op and all is fine with the whole driving thing. Although I tend to walk a lot of places now too. Just doible check with your insurance company, you should be fine x
  • Options
    Hi Bryony

I called my insurance company and they said 'they are not medical experts so can't say I'm ok to drive and I'd need to get signed off by docs' so I walk the 3 mile round trip with my double pushchair to the docs only to be told that he didn't need to sign me off. Basically its like any other operation and as long as i felt well enough and could perform an emergency stop then there is no reason i couldn't drive!

I started driving about 3 weeks after and felt fine like **chickidee** the heavy car seat and pram was the issue xxx
  • Options
    I drove at 5 weeks but only cos LO needed to see a doctor and OH can't drive. IO didn't do proper driving until 6 weeks.
    I found it really took it out of me - I can't really drive everyday yet - not driven now since Saturday but popping to supermarket in a bit.
    I would say go for it when you are ready - but don't rush yourself! Many a time over the last 6 weeks I have overdone it and then spent days recovering.
  • Options
    i started driving at 3 weeks as felt fine. Spoke with insurance and they were like 'whatever'!. i struggled lifting carseat in and out but was able to do this easily by 5 weeks. x
  • Options
    I still can't do the car seat - and struggle to get pram out of car to be honest!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, ive been naughty and went out in the car.......tut tut....Feels great to have independence tho and as many of u said the hardest bit was getting pram and car seat in and out the boot.

Yay im free.....lol.....thanks again xx