Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else's LO not really taken to food?

As the title suggests I was wondering whether anyone else had issues with their lo taking food?

We were advised by the HV to start weaning as lo keeps dropping on the percentiles as he doesn't really take much milk. However I've tried him with baby rice and with pureed carrot and he gets really upset. I'm making sure he's relaxed beforehand and i'm being really enthusiastic and smiley. I've let him dip his fingers in it to taste it and tried using the spoon but he seems to really hate it, spits it all out and eventually gets upset. I stop as soon as he gets upset as I don't want him to get bad associations.

I just wondered whether I should stop as I think maybe he's just not ready for it? (he's only 4 1/2 months)

I was just wondering whether anyone else had had a similar experience or whether it's something all babies go through when you first start?

Any advice would be great, thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    What about trying somrthing sweeter like baby plum fruity porrige u could make it up with his milk and make it runny.

My lo eats carrot and sweet potato but you can tell he isnt as keen as he is on pear and baby rice. Plum baby has sweeter baby rice too but no added sugar.

Another reciple is sweet potato and milk with sprinkle of cinamon.

xx
  • Options
    We got off to a good start but am now struggling. Biba loved baby rice, but for some reason whenever i mix it up it starts off quite thick (which she loves) but after a couple of minutes it has turned really watery (which she hates), we tried carrot which got mostly spat out and some pear which is hit and miss.

She is quite independent with it and will try and hold the spoon herself and guide it to her mouth, if i try and do it she clamps shut!

I really wanted early weaning to work as i hate breastfeeding, but looks like she might take a bit longer than i would have liked