Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shampoo

My LO has hardly any hair and I was wondering does anyone use any baby shampoo yet.

At the mo I just pour the bath water over his head and wipe with a sponge.

However, he is getting some dry skin on his scalp and I was wondering if shampoo would help. If so which one?

Ta xx

Replies

• Options
    Biba has quite bad cradle cap which thankfully gets covered as she has quite dark hair. We use Dentinox shampoo after it was recommednded to us, which has made a big improvement.
  • Options
    Poppy was born with lots of hair and still has most of it. We've always used Johnsons baby shampoo. After a hair wash she looks like a little fluffy chick!!! xx
  • Options
    We use the dentinox shampoo too it's cleared up Dexter's cradle cap pretty well.
  • Options
    I used Dentinox and it actually made my LO's scalp worse.

Long story but I ended up having to take him to the Dr's a number of times because his cradle cap and eczema were so bad and neither Doctor that we saw had ever heard of Dentinox! (Even though you can buy it over the counter)

So personally I don't rate it, but as the others have said it's worked fine with them.
  • Options
    ds has always had hair and we use johnson i only wash his hair every second day though.

he has had a slight patch of dry skin and i found if you used the sponge whilst washing to rub - gently but firmly - in long strokes over the area that seemed to clear it up, also again grape seed oil can be used put it on the head a good 30 mins before bath time, and you can then use a soft brush afterwards to try and brush the flakes away, i think you brush in the opposite direction of the hair?

hope it clears up soon
  • Options
    i use the dentinox shampoo on Tyler as he also has cradlecap, i think it helps a wee bit!! i must confess to using olive oil and a nit comb to get rid of his crade cap....works a treat image xx
  • Options
    Since using dentinox ive noticed lo's scalp is worse but he has cradle cap so dont know what to use? Johnsons makes my lo's hair look greasy the next day. Where as dentinox makes the hair nice and fluffy and clean.

• Options
    Thanks for all info guys.

I have decided to use boots' own baby shampoo tonight. Was quite amusing as he has hardly any hair...bless him! :lol:

His head smells lush now!!!! Here's another excuse to keep smothering him in kisses :lol::lol: