Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning and dirty nappies!!!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on here for ages other than reading posts on my phone so I've got lots of questions for you all!!

First one is about dirty nappies! We're on our second week of doing food tasters with Poppy and I'm following Annabell Karmel's 3 week taster plan so yesterday we moved onto having food twice a day. Poppy has loved everything we've tried so far, I really think she'd eat anything!!! But she's pooing SO much!! Today we've had SIX dirty nappies so far! Is this normal or is the fruit and veg too much for her?! This morning at breakfast she had mashed banana and the nappies have been horrible - black!! She's 23 weeks so we've not started that early but I'm wondering whether I should go back to just giving food once a day for a while or whether her system will just get used to it eventually?

Hope all of you who have started weaning are getting on ok. I'm really enjoying it and Pops seems to be too!!

xx

Replies

• Options
    I've been weaning T for a few weeks now and instantly noticed his nappy's contents were more "solid" but if anything, the number of dirty nappies actually reduced.....?

Apparently bananas can be very binding which is good if you're Lo has a poorly tummy but I can't offer any advice on the number of dirty nappies you Lo is doing x
  • Options
    we are the same as KM sometimes it can be a couple of days without a dirty nappy and when we get one it's horrible, almost like a mousse! I had been following a weaning guide in the "your baby week by week" book, but it went and brought an annabel karmel book today as i want Biba to get more flavours - will let you know what happens when we get to the banana!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I guess every baby is different! I've carried on with the three week plan but haven't given her any more banana yet! We've carried on having a lot of nappies each day but she's really enjoying the food so I don't want to stop it. I thought I'll give it another week and then maybe speak to the health visitor about it if things haven't calmed down.

xx