Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

okay anyone else have a lazy baby?

M will be 6 months next week, she doesnt roll over (just looks at me stupid when i try to encourage it) and is a long way off sitting up, she flops forward in a heap! On her front she can hold her head up brilliant but doesnt push up onto her hands.

She chats away and loves her jumperoo, she can hold things and her coordination is getting better and she is so smiley! Now with her being my second you would think I'd know not to worry and they all do things in their own time etc but im just wondering if anyone else's bubs is the same? When do they have a home visit from the health visitor? x

Replies

• Options
    Ditto everything little button and i'm not worried....yet!

I had my LO in training for unaided sitting and rolling a couple of weeks ago and he did actually roll over twice in one day but that was over a week ago and he's now forgotten how to do it!! He will be 6 months on 5th April.

I took him to a mother and baby group last week and there were a couple of other bubbas there that were older than my LO and they were being just as lazy!image

As I said, I'm not worried just yet, I think he's too interested in other things, like his jumperoo!

Regarding the health visitor, I'm not sure when they come to visit. Maybe there's a 6 monthly check?

• Options
    Hey hun,

My little Felicity sounds just the same as your Lo! Shes 5mths .. I too should know not to worry as shes my second- I wouldnt say Im worried actually- just eagar! And I shouldnt be, I should enjoy her while she lays on her back gazing lovingly at me, rather than rolling round the room at rocket speed! Lol!

In my area the home visit is approx 8 months and they get some free books image
  • Options
    My LO is also 6 months next week and has never rolled over! She still hates being on her tummy and will only tolerate it for about a minute if that. She has lifted up on her arms a couple of times but I think it was out of sheer frustration!! She wont happily do it by herself. She is definately more of an upright baby as she is already sitting unaided (although on really lazy days she just cant be bothered and gets a bit ratty) and she loves jumping around for ages in her jumperoo. With the sitting she did go through a stage of flopping forward like your LO (mostly to grab her feet!) but I just kept sitting her upright again and was quite persistent with it. She then got the nack of balancing herself using her arms whilst sitting and is finally there. I think she will be more of a pulling up to standing baby rather than a crawler etc x
  • Options
    Logan is the same and 6 months next weeks! He will quite happily roll on to his side and actually prefers it to sleep.Has never rolled over though.

He is sitting up really well now on his own for ages. He loves pulling himself up on your hands to stand up.

• Options
    My lo was born at 36 weeks so i notice hes a little bit behind with things. Hes a big lad though looks alot older.

Hes 21 weeks and is trying to sit up and if you hold his hands he will pull himself up but he cant quite do it yet or balance.

He hasnt attempted to roll over but he pulls himself up and trys to pull his legs under himself.

Hes very vocal and smiley and jumps away happily in his jumperoo.

I not going to start worrying about him as im guna take the 4 weeks into consideration.

All babies are different but i cant wait for him to sit up