Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

You know you're a mum when........

.......your friend tells you you have some drool on your shoulder and you don't even think about rushing to change!

........you feel pride in another human for doing a poo.

........you can't remember the last time you had a lie in, or went to sleep knowing you wouldn't wake up til the morning.

........your baby has clothing for every single weather eventuality, but you forgot your coat. And it's cold out!

Feel free to add any others! image

Replies

• Options
    .....you find yourself swaying even though you aren't holding the baby!! LOL.

Will add more later going to bed now. OH is on night shift so making the most of it!

• Options
    ......when an "up-do" is the only hairstyle you've worn in months!

Great thread fairydust!!
  • Options
    When a drooly kiss makes you smile

Got to love teething hey :lol:
  • Options
    ...when u sshhh and rock your trolly in the supermarket even tho your baby isnt in it!

...your overjoyed by a burp even if its on your face

...youve given up on a handbag cos its just another thing to keep track of.
  • Options
    When you go to bed at 9.30pm......

When you never drink a hot cup of tea but get used to it.

I agree with you about swaying snugglenush!! Find myself doing that lol!
  • Options
    Call me fd koukla! image

Some great ones there! I am always swaying and the trolley thing! So funny but I'm always doing it! And the handbag, I haven't used one since soph was born!

.....it gets to 9.30pm, you're totally shattered...and you realise you've got absolutely nothing done!

......you choose all your clothes for their practicality rather then prettiness.
  • Options
    LOL!! Loving the burp in the face one!

......you sing nursery rhymes around the house instead of pop songs.

...... you only have time to shave one leg!!
  • Options
    ....you find yourself referring to friends and family by the pet names you give LO (i called my friend pickle today!)
  • Options
    .......the first evening you're invited out since you had the baby, the baby, using some sort of sixth sense, goes into a melt down at bedtime and projectile vomits down your nice dress and jeans meaning that you can't go!!! (Can you guess that this is what's happened to me tonight?! image )

........the closest you get to perfume is toothpaste.

........more people have seen your bits then you'd ever have thought possible.

........you look at teenagers and think, 'what the hell are you wearing, my child had better never dress like that!'
  • Options
    ...eau de puke is your latest designer perfume!

...you spend your evenings watching a little sleeping person instead of catching up with the soaps!

...98% of your conversation with your husband is based on one topic!
  • Options
    ... you always carry a spare hankie in your pocket for the fast flying snot and drool

... when hubbie isnt allowed to touch your boobies as they have a different use now lol!!

...when on friday night nothings tastes better that a cup of earl grey and some homemade cake, (im sure one day wine will have an appeal again!)

... and just plain simple when you realise you have become grown up and become mrs sensible in just a few months!

this thread made me do happy tears how fab it is!
  • Options
    ...the subject of sex fills you with nostalgia!

This thread has cracked me up especially km's only time to shave 1 leg.
  • Options
    i actually alternate between eau de puke and eau de formula at present - i apply a good squirt to my wrists several times a day testing the bottle temperature!lol x
  • Options
    Very good mrsH2009!! image

I'm afraid I stole that one from another thread Plumduff, but totally related to it so HAD to add it.
  • Options
    you're new past-time is sniffing your babies bum just to see if it's dirty....

your bath does not have candles and bubbles... but has johnson's bathtime and a few rubber ducks...

dust has started to collect on your hair straighteners and make-up bag!!!!

DLAM xxxx
  • Options
    Im actually sitting here with one shaved leg.. Seriously!

I know Im a mum because the most important 'section' of every shop and the first place I head is the baby/kiddie section!

I spend ages thinking up gorgeous menus to puree for baby.. But survive on toast and biscuits myself!
  • Options
    You're post has just made me giggle after a stressful day, thanks DLAM!! :lol:
  • Options
    your proud of LO doing his first bubble fart in the bath he he sorry it made me laugh last night but at the same time i was like ooohhh your first bath fart, its always about the first time they do things eh! but then i quickly got him out incase it followed with a real poo he he
  • Options
    ......someone says, 'Ahh, look at their adorable pixie ears' (& not in a nice way!), whilst leaning into the pram & poking your baby, and you feel the urge to punch them!!
  • Options
    ...your baby has a vast and beautiful wardrobe while you languish in the same pair of leggings for the tenth day in a row...

...you know all the words to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Humf and find Waybuloo quite calming...

...the sight of their smiley little face in the morning sets you up for the day...

...your baby is lying or sitting on your lap as you type this...

These have made me chuckle girls, especially nostalgic sex :lol: