Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

He slept through!!!!!!

Lo has been gradually getting better just waking once at 2-3am but last night he was asleep by 8pm then didnt hear a peep till bout 5.50am. I woke at 1am and thought he would be awake soon then next time i woke it was 5.40am and i went to check on him!

Ive been doing the gradual withdrawal holding his hands till he goes sleepy then stepping away and he seems to love his cot now.

Hope this isnt a fluke but at least i know its possible

He 5 months today!!

Replies

• Options
    yeh, hopefully you'll be able to sleep through soon and stop getting up to check all the time!!

im trying at mo to get lo to settle himself to sleep how have you been doing it?

ds also slept through last night, he got his first tooth yesterday and i gave him some calpol, i wonder if thats whats been niggling him during the night for the past week or so?
  • Options
    He has a dummy whilst he falls asleep and i hold his hands just till he sleepy and still then i pull away and then pull the dummy out when he goes off.

He has a bath every night and i play the glo worm and he has a sleep sheep that plays sounds of nature so hopefully he is really associating all those things with bedtime.

I was going to resort to cc or pupd if he didnt get better in a month or so but hopefully he has sorted him self out.

He has 3-4 hrs sleep in the day and i take him out every mrn somewhere or for a walk.

Hope ur lo settles now

• Options
    Woohoo!!!

i've got logan going to sleep on his own really well - but he still waking a few tims in the night. I think he may be hungry cos he has started wanting more and more milk when he wakes up. GOing to introduce supper and maybe try goodnight milk.
  • Options
    Hope he settles for u soon, most prob my lo will wake tonight but at least i can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I think they will just do it in their own sweet time

lol!!

He only had 4 bottles yest and 2 meals but what i did for a week in the night is 5oz water 4 scoops of milk and he only took 2-3oz so dont think he needed it but it gradually weaned him off

• Options
    Yay, hooray for you care bear, lets hope this is the start of many sleep filled nights for you xxx