Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What did your sat night used to be?

For me, I would probably be having a glass of wine or a cider, mmmmmm, cider! :lol: and a cigarette, (naughty!), dressed in a nice top and smart jeans, bit of make up, getting ready to head down to the pub to meet friends. Ahhhhh, nostalgia!! Although I never want to smoke again, it is hard to think about never enjoying a drink and ciggy in the future. I'm really looking forward to an ice cold cider shandy in the sunshine,(just the one!), but I'm going to resist the ciggys, for a start, I'm breastfeeding and then there's a million more reasons, like living for as long as I possibly can to see my beautiful girl enjoy her life, and for her health obviously. But it is nice to think back to those carefree days!! My new Saturday nights consist of bath and bed for little lady, dinner and collapsing in front of rubbish telly, wondering if we have anything sweet in the cupboard! Pretty much the same as my weekday nights really! image Wouldn't change it for the world though! How's everyone else's weekend night's changed and what do you feel nostalgic about?

Replies

• Options
    To be honest we have always been quite homely of a weekend, the majority of the pubs in town have systematically been turned into "trendy wine bars" which are not our scene so we spent less and less time going out unless it was a special occasion.

We mainly spent our saturday nights with a film and a bottle of wine, tonight .... we have a film and a bottle of wine!!! However i cant polish off a bottle all to myself any more but on the basis of the time that Biba wakes for her feed i can squeeze in a couple of small glasses!

I think that it helps that a lot of people who i did go out with have recently had babies too or are pregnant.
  • Options
    Ooh, not a fan of the trendy wine bar either moominmama, I always feel uncomfortable and out of place! We live in a small village and used to go down to our local to meet friends, but saying that, it's become so quiet here in the last few years we'd started going out less and less. I think it's the sunny weather making me nostalgic for beer gardens and bbqs! I'm much happier now as I'm a real homebody too. Half of my friends have babies or are pregnant and the other half are out partying or on the pull. I've been with my oh for nine years, since I was 19 so it's quite nice that some of my friends have caught up with me and are in the same situation as it's hard to relate to my single friends that like clubbing etc. It's like a different world to mine! Was your film good?
  • Options
    To be honest, I never went out much on Sat nights either! Not really a clubby person and since I moved house it became a bit more difficult to go out with friends. I would have friends over quite often for take away and some tv or a film.

Now, hubby is home for tea time- we put Logan to bed together then have tea and watch loads of TV taht we have sky plused over the week.

On the occasions when OH is working all weekend I will go and stay at my parents house and have tea there.
  • Options
    We watched Kick Ass fairydust and we thought it was awesome!

You have however, got me thinking of beer gardens though and yes, i do very much miss those!

Hope everyone had a good saturday night xxxxxx
  • Options
    Ahhhh, so glad to hear your hubby's home for tea snugglenush, is he not doing those crazy shifts anymore? So nice that you get to have more time together. No, I've never been a club type, I think I've always been old before my time as I prefer somewhere you can actually hear each other talk! Have enjoyed the odd night out in cities, hen dos and things, but as a rule I'm more of a country pub girl!

Thanks for the review moominmama, that's been on my list to see for ages now, my friend said it's great too, I might rent it for tonight. I'm sure we'll be back in the beer gardens soon, just in the afternoons. And only in the ones with play areas!! :lol:
  • Options
    His shifts aren't as crazy but we still don't see each other now I am back at work! We get Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat evenings which is nice but no days together all 3 of us if you know what I mean. He has wed and thurs off so looks after logan wed and then does housework on Thurs! He got 2 weeks off starting next friday though! Yey we will finally get a whole weekend together can't wait!!!

• Options
    Oh no snugglenush!! Typical hey?! At least you get a weekend soon though. Are you going to do anything special or just enjoy the novelty of being at home together?