Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Angel100

Hi Angel

Just wanted to let you know that we have been having some sucess with bottle feeding and didnt know if you wanted to try the same?

For the last 3 days Biba has taken milk from a tommee tippee bottle. Because she was getting used to the speed of the water coming out of the spout cup (and to be honest milk comes out of me at quite a rate sometimes now) i got some fast flow 6+ month teats to use, i also used the handles from her TT explorer bottle as she likes to hold the handles on the spout cup and she has really taken to it.

She will only take expressed milk though, so will have to get my supply back up enough to express a bottle worth but we went out to a pub for luch today and she took the bottle which meant i could enjoy my lunch without worrying about having to give her a feed - bliss!

Just thought you could give that a bash too?

Did you ever get to go to your spa day in the end?

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, that is fab news, there is hope for me yet,lol. i have some tt bottles in the cupboard (ive just said so to hubby and he replied "yeah along with all the others",lol). C is taking well from a cup so will give the bigger teats a go, thank you.xxx

C will also only take expressed milk as well and is usually sick when you give her formula so think we be going like this till a year till she goes onto cows milk, although i did think about trying the follow on milk see if we had anymore luck. She is not taking well to weaning, she loves the taste of the veg and fruit i give her on her table, she nearly hit the ceiling with excitment when i gave her a strawberry yesterday,lol, but she isnt keen on eating the food we make her or baby porridge or even the yogurts i bought her, so hoping she will take to it better soon.xxx

Havent managed to get anywhere to be honest, i was in work for a few days but didnt manage any full days as she wouldnt stay away from me long enough, luckily i only work close so was able to pop home and feed her, although on friday we had a break through, we went to a wedding and i managed to leave her from 2pm till 8pm, she took some dinner and milk from a cup and then i popped home for the bedtime feed, settled her and managed to go back to the party for a couple of hours, it was lovely to enjoy a lovey meal, some adult company and even a wee glass of wine.lol.xxx