Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

quietly creeping in

hi ladies,

I have just been through my 1st cycle of ivf due to male factor after trying for a few years. Seems that i may have my bfp - will be 4 weeks tomorrow, but still being cautiously excited about things! I had some brown spotting yesterday which has stopped but another positive this morning, so trying to stay hopeful! also has anyone still got af style cramps, not awful ones, just a bit crampy?

Edd is 3rd october.

As an ivf patient, i get to have a scan in 2 weeks, so hopefully that will reassure me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you soon.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun

Welcome in image

Early cramps and twinges are totally normal I had awful cramps in my first pregnancy and it's just everything stretching etc to make room for baby! Spotting like that is also pretty normal Hun hopefully you'll be here with us to the end image

Xx
  • Options
    Congratulations Samsa, PB is right lots of women having some bleed ing early on so hopefully its nothing to worry about. An early scan will hopefully put your mind at ease.

I have lots of random tugging kind of sensations too, I don't normally get cramps before my period so I'm hoping its our little embroyo making itself comfy in there!

I'm due on the 3rd too (based on lmp)! My first ever bump buddy! :lol:

Mooomin x
  • Options
    Hi Samsa, welcome to d.i.o and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. I agree with mooomin and PB, slight cramping and spotting is perfectly normal.

I will add your e.d.d to our arrivals list! image

xx
  • Options
    Oh Samsa - just saw this and GCing from DiJune! Fab news on your bfp hunny! Just to reassure you a little I have had 3 small bleeds with this pg so far and all has been ok, my first was around 4 or 5 wks I think and it stopped within a day, then I had another about 4 weeks later. I'm 20w today and all seems to be going well! So pleased to see you here - BIG congrats!
  • Options
    congratulations lovely x x

I have had a bit of cramping but its nothing to worry about like PB said x I had it with my first too x

looking forward to getting to know you better x x
  • Options
    hi hunny huge congratulations on your pregnancy. dont panic about brown spotting, thats old blood if its brown, porobably cause by th little bean making itself comfy xxx
  • Options
    hi all,

thank you, i havent had any more spotting since sat so fingers crossed. I just dont feel pregnant, is that normal???!!! I am so scared this is going to fail, i just need to relax and try to enjoy it i think xxxx