Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Joining

Hi everyone,

I have been ttc for 2 years, had first round of clomid in Jan and on Saturday night I got my BFP! Can't quite believe it, and don't feel like I thought I would at all coz I am so nervous about everything being ok.

Had continous cramping since Thursday with some really bad waves mostly during the night, lasting 10 mins or so. Hoping this is all quite normal, but to me it feels like bad period pains so I am very nervous at mo.

Because I have been having treatment at fertility clinic they are bringing me in for 7 week scan to check everything is okay and check how many of the little things are there! (multiple babies higher risk when taking Clomid).

I am now 4 wks and 1 day and due 10th of October, which seems to be a popular date on here.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is also suffering from cramps.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    HIya

Huge Congratulations to you!

This is my 3rd pregnancy and yes cramps are perfectly normal never the less still worrying. As long as there not doubling you up in pain or have bleeding then im sure its normal.

How exciting at the prospect of more than one baby your growing image

wishing you a healty and happy pregnancy. x
  • Options
    I'm also due 10 Oct and been getting period pain cramps on and off. Try not to worry hun and hope all goes well at your 7 week scan.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Hun!

Congratulations image

I'm terrified of having twins this time lol!! My symptoms are so much stronger this time around and started at 3dpo!! I then stupidly started googling..BIG MISTAKE lol!!

I pretty much conviced myself I now have twins lol!! Aparantly if you have twins in family (both sets of my grandparents are) if your overweight (i am) and if you are breastfeeding when you conceive (this makes you 9 times more likely...holy moly lol)

I am now pretty much crapping myself haha xx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Tibby,

Welcome to DIO x

I am here after 2 years, 8 rounds of Clomid and 1 cycle of IVF! So like you I can't believe it!

I am also getting an early scan at the fertility clinic, I will be 6+5. I am also getting period type cramps, but everything I have read it seems that its perfectly normal!

I am struggling to relax, due to our long journey to get here!

I got a Pregnant 3+ of a CBD this morning, so I am gonna step away from the tests for a little while!! :lol:

Love TW

5+2
  • Options
    Hi Tibby,

I'm also pregnant after my first round of clomid. I have a scan on Monday when I will be 6+4 to see how many babies there will be. How many follies did you have?? I'm nervous as I had 5 mature follies.

Tiny wife - congratulation on the 3+ hun!

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations MrsTibby, I'm also due on the 10th. It will be lovely for you to have the early scan and see if you have more than one!

PG, I also read the 9xs more likely to conceive twins if you're still BF and worried!

Xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Ad,

I remember your funny dog photo from Long term ttc forum. I also read when you went for your scan and had 5 follicles! and then the next post to say you were preggy! Looking forward to Monday's news!

Well, I had one follicle measuring 27mm which they thought could be cyst coz it was just bigger than the guidelines state for a viable follicle. I also had several at 12mm. That was day 12 of cycle and they then gave me a HCG shot as they were worried that if the 27mm folly was a cyst then they didn't want it staying put. When I spoke to clinic on Monday once I had my BFP they said it could have been the 27mm or the smaller ones could have grown enough in time. Who knows! But will soon find out. Only problem is time is going sssoooo slowly!

xx