Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Introducing myself:)

Hi ladies

My names gem and I'm 5 weeks 5 days, due 5 th oct. I have know about this baby since just before week 4! I didn't want to join this forum too quickly as iv had a few miscarriages and also the fact I couldn't! I was in hospital for 11 days with severe ohss!! image

Iv come over from ivf and assisted forum and lttc, have been on be for about 2 years I think, iv been trying for longerimage, I have pcos and although not that bad I still don't ovulate! I live in Kent and have had my ivf at chelsfield hospital, Im going to try and get a scan for this week to get heartbeat !

Looking forward to having bump buddiesimage xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya and welcome to DIO

Congratulations Gem, you have had a rough journey to get here, so you truely deserve it hunnie! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancyimage

im expecting no.3 on 9th oct

5+1
  • Options
    Hiya and welcome to DIO

Huge congratulations to you, you have had a rough journey to get here so you truely deserve it hunnie.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

im expecting no3, due on 9th oct

5+1
  • Options
    Hi Gemlou

We are due on the same day. I have got an early scan booked for next Monday - I too have had a miscarriage and ectopic, so it hasn't really sunk in yet.

Nausea is quite bad - which is a good thing, but luckily I won some sea bands - so using them as much as possible, which seems to help.

Good luck and all the best for the H&H pregnancy.

Sarah

xx
  • Options
    Welcome Gem !

I am also an IVF graduate! We had our first cycle in January!

I am due 3rd Oct. I have an early scan on Friday

Love TW

6+0
  • Options
    Hi everyone thanks for the welcome;), I have scan tommorrow at 11!!! I'm so nervous!!! This will all be in vain if I have no heartbeat x
  • Options
    Gem

Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow.

Take care

Sarah xx
  • Options
    Best of luck for tomorrow Gem!! x
  • Options
    G/C from Due in Sept to say congrats! But also wanted to say, pleeeeeease don't be too upset if you don't see a hb tomor as it's so early. A lot of sites I've read say 6 weeks onwards to see hb but most places like to wait until more like 7 weeks.

Reeeeally hope you see it tomor though. Fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    Thanks girls!!

I had a heartbeat on my last pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks so I'm really hoping something shows upimage il try not to panic if it doesn't;),

Has anyone had any scans yet?? Xxx
  • Options
    COngratulations! Hope the scan goes well. xxx
  • Options
    GCing from DIJune but wanted to say a big congrats Gemlou - I remember you from ttc hun! Lovely to see you here and good luck tomorrow for your scan - Baby_buk is right though don't worry if you don't see the HB as it is still early and every PG is different for each women.

BoB 22+1 x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! I love this siteimage iv just got back from hospital and they found a heartbeat ( a very tiny one, but still!!) they also gave me a DVD ha but you can only see the yolk bit. Anyway the baby is measuring the correct size for date and Iv got to go back in 2 weeks time for another scanimage I feel alot more positive now!

Thanks for all your well wishes xxxxx
  • Options
    Glad you got to see the HB today and all is looking great! x
  • Options
    That's fab news that you got to see the heartbeat, it must be really reassuring.

Xxx