Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice please!

I have a private scan booked for Sat afternoon as I was getting paranoid that something was wrong (due to hcg levels not doubling and me thinking hb was slow when I had an nhs scan last week)

BUT I have since heard the hb twice on my doppler (sooo early I know - I'm v lucky!) It's nice and fast and I feel really reassured. I am 8 weeks today and it was at 8+1 I started spotting and we discovered that the hb was gone with my last mc so as long as it's still there in a couple more days I will feel so much more relaxed.

OH thinks we should postpone the private scan until the following weekend as we won't really see much at 8+2 but might see more at 9+2. Plus we only had the nhs one a week ago.

BUT - it will mean we go on his 30th bday and I just think if it was bad news that would be awful. Also I'm sooooo impatient wanting to see beanie again. But then, if we go this weekend I will then have another 4-5 weeks until 12 week scan.

What would you do?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Thats amazing you can hear the HB already the bubs is only 1cm crown to rump, you must have a v strong bean.....I was rubbish with the doppler and even at 28 weeks would struggle to find it, but I had anterior placenta so didnt help.

I know you are impatient to see LO (I am too, waiting for early scan)I think you are better waiting il 9 weeks though as your mind will be at rest if you see it then, and if you can hear HB then as long as you hear it right up until the day of the scan it should be fine. It really will all be fine, I honestly think that. I know it is OH bday but equally if it is great news (which it will be) then what a lovely present x
  • Options
    I know - I can't believe I heard it so early! It was sooooo hard to find and really quiet but def there - OH even had a listen this morning. It was so fast I couldn't count it - I got to over 20 in 10 seconds, lost count and then thought 'sod it, that's def fast enough!'

I found it at 10+5 with DD but that was first time I tried so prob would have heard it even earlier and I only had one occasion I struggled to find it. Usually I found it within seconds even before 12 weeks. I must have the knack!

Problem is that I probably won't be able to find it every day until 9+2 so will have to force myself to not freak out if that happens. I found it on Tues but lost it and couldn't find it again no matter how hard I tried. Then couldn't find it yesterday but found this morning before my morning wee (I was desperate as well! lol)

Hmmmm, I reckon I will just move the scan. I'd rather see more as we are paying ??90 for it.

• Options
    Wow - I'm amazed that you've managed to hear the heartbeat already that is very lucky.

I'm not sure what to recommend but I had a scan at 9 +3 with my DD and we could see a heartbeat really clearly, plus a clear head & body and the start of her limbs it was amazing - even if the obs did say she looked like a prawn!!

Good luck with staying calm over the coming days. I've not had a miscarriage before so can't imagine how nervous you must be - I did have a bleed at 9 wks last time and I'm just waiting for that to happen again and that is bad enough.