Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

went for scan :(

Hi guys

So i had a call this morning as there was a cancelation at the hospital, so i went for my early scan. I am 6+4 and all they saw was a yolk sack, thats it nothing else.

I had a letter to say that i need to go back in 2 weeks to see if the pregnancy is viable. they didn not see a HB and no baby, just a sack.

I have a feeling i will not be here for very long. its just that with me having no symptoms when i always get symptoms i just feel this pregnancy was not meant to be, so, on the 2nd of march, i will be going to find out.

Funny as when i went for my early scan with DS i was only 5wks and they said they saw a baby but no HB but its still early and they told me i was 5wks this time they didnt say any of that. they just said its too early, i am not holding out much hope.

i guess i will just have to wait the long 2 wks to find out.

Replies

• Options
    Oh, twinkle. Im so sorry to hear the scan didn't go well. Hopefully as they say you will see a baby and HB in 2 weeks and everything will be fine. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you.

Is there any chance you could be less far along than you think?

Thinking of you xxx
  • Options
    Thanks CG, Well the thing is i know exactly when implantaion took place as i always have a bleed so i know i am 6+6 by my LMP and only 4+4 by my implantation date so i guess that could be the reason but i guess i will just have to wait and see
  • Options
    Oh Hun I'm so sorry scan didn't go well, but let's hope it's just a mix up with dates and baby twinkle is safely snug inside at the next appointment! How awful you have to wait 2 weeks though, be strong hunny! Lots of love and kisses xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    It sounds like maybe you might just be a bit further behind then. I really hope that is what it is and you will see a lovely healthy baby plus heartbeat in 2 weeks. Try to stay positive.

Ps- I had no symptoms until 6 weeks and they are still quite mild. Xxx
  • Options
    HI Guys thanks for the moral support.

I realise i was being all meloncolly but i have done my research and have had a positivity boost.

1) byt the measurment of my gestaional sac which was 8.3 i am only 5+1 which i am okay with. doesnt make sense but nor have any of the other dates they gave me for my other 2 kids. anyway.,

2) with these new dates that means that my EDD will now be 20th October which i am really happy about. Why you might ask as this means i am pregnant for longer. well this brings me on to

3) i never go into labour on time i am always early, DD born at 36wks, DS born at 37wks and i said to my DH that this one would come at 38wks which i am really happy about because

4) my DD was born on 10th March, DS born on 10th April and really wanted this new bean to be born on the 10th which he/she wouldnt be if my EDD was the 10th so now that it has been put back 38wks falls on the 10th october

Now i see there is always a bright side hehehehe image

You guys may think im being silly but i knew the day my DD was going to be born and i predicted my DS's due date in my 1st trimester so bring ont the 10th Oct as that is when my new baby will be here

xxxxx
  • Options
    Ooh lovely to see some positivity! Sounds like a perfect plan Hun image xx
  • Options
    I really hope everything turns out just as you plan! Keep that positivity going hun!

xDx
  • Options
    Hey you. I hope it all goes okay in 2 weeks. I had an early scan with M at 5+2 and there was only a gestational sac (and it measured less than yours). I completely remember you predicting his birth day T! Spooky! xxx
  • Options
    Hope it all works out for you - love your positive post image
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better hun. From your post it does sound like you are a bit further behind than your LMP which would explain things. Fingers crossed for 2 weeks time.

• Options
    Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you hun!!! I really hope the next week and bit goes really quickly for you! xxx