Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I the oldest DIO mum?

Hi all

Can I join you? I am 40, have been married nearly 3 years and have a 19 month old daughter. Judging by when I think we conceived, I am about 5+2 with our second. Very nervous at the moment, as well as being too old for babies (!) I am also classed as a high risk due to pre existing medical stuff! So the odds aren't great but we are very much hoping this pregnancy goes ok! Like a lot of the ladies in DIO, I had a haematoma in my first pregnancy that caused lots of gushing, bright red bleeding but all was asbolutely fine. I think I also saw that some of the ladies are on heparin / clexane injections? I will be too once I get myself to the doctors for a prescription.

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!

GMx

Replies

• Options
    hugs hun xxx im 31 and have a 2 and a half ur old little girly xxxx and im 8 weeks xx had a mc in september so a little scared but im 2 weeks further along so hoping thats a good sign xxx

gonna sound thick and could google it but what is a haematoma???

i suffered from cholistasis and really hope i dont end up with it again xx and i have group b strep xxx the things we go through to have babies xxx

be very proud of ur self hun xxx
  • Options
    sorry to hear about your mc - hoping this time everything goes ok for you!

haematoma is a blood clot in the sac that causes bleeding in pregnancy. i spotted on and off from about 5 weeks to 13 weeks last time, but with some very dramatic bright red bleeding on a few occasions. all very scary but my little girl clung on and was born a few weeks early and tiny but now is a bit of a bruiser and a thug! so it obviously did her no harm!
  • Options
    Hi all!

I was thinking the same - before i read your thread!

I am 39 and have a 2 year old and I have just discovered i am pregnant again - after months of trying and wondering if it were ever going to happen again. I am probably 4+6

I had a relatively easy pregnancy last time - but already am feeling absolutely exhausted and i've got a long way to go yet!

Heres to a happy healthy pregnancy
  • Options
    Hey congratulations!

Now I am not feeling quite so old compared to everyone else! I too am absolutely exhausted - not helped by having caught a cold off my husband!

We were really lucky and fell pregnant as soon as we started trying. Last time we weren't even trying, took one risk and fell pregnant - cannot believe our luck really. Just hoping we stay lucky!

GMx