Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gain so far?

Grrrrrr since I realised eating keeps morning sickness at bay I have eaten like a horse.

Consequently I have put on 3 lb.....I put on 4 stone with ds1 and I reallllllllly dont want that again but hey ho

Have you put anything on yet?

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

Think I've put on about 3/4lbs too due to grazing to stop myself being sick all day long image

Have tried to cut down portion size a bit as being sick so much seems to have made my stomach shrink.

Is anyone looking like they have the beginnings of a bump yet?

BB x
  • Options
    with my first 2 i had terrible morning sickness, hospitilised with my 1st causing me to actually lose weight. my last pregnancy i put on nothing. very bizarre i know but think i just gradually lost weight? this time i have nothing? hmm! very odd, unless its going to start soon. im almost 7 weeks. im praying it may avoid me altogether! i reckon i may not be so lucky this time and will prob put on 10 stone to make up for my last 2 lol!

im feeling bloated and eating lots, my 2nd bump popped out very quickly last time so will see how this one differs.

nat xx
  • Options
    I Have put on about 3pm so far and don't have morning sickness as an excuse, am craving sweet stuff x I moat definitely have a bump now, with ds nothing appeared until 16+ weeks but am 10 weeks and in my maternity jeans already and have a bump like I Had with ds at 20weeks x I think I am going to be huge this time x
  • Options
    I've put on 5lb so far. Similarly to you, I'm eating for England and not the right things! I put on 2.5 stone with my DS, but it was mainly near the end of my pregnancy. I think I was only this weight at about 20 weeks last time (luckily I'm starting this pregnancy at the same weight as last time - although I don't think I'll be ending at the same weight if this carries on!)

I went shopping yesterday and got loads of fruit and berries in the hope that I will snack on them instead!

Xxx
  • Options
    Nothing so far, always loose about 7lbs in early pregnancy so am still in negative lbs at the mo! but normally end up putting on about 2 stone! x
  • Options
    I don't think iv put on any weight unless my scales are broke and that may be the case. I do feel bigger but more in my thighs (feel like I got water retention) im walking 40 mins everyday with my puppy! Im trying not to worry too much and il sort it out after baby comes!x
  • Options
    I don't think I'v put any on so far yet - with my DD I lost weight until 16 weeks and then only piled it on after that. I am not sick but just struggle to eat - I just don't fancy anything and have to force food down whenever my tummy rumbles - am hoping to come out of this stage a bit earlier this time but I think that is just wishful thinking. I think I put on about 2.5 stone in total last time between 16 - 41 weeks and I luckily I was back to my pre-preg weight 5 months aftr having my DD.
  • Options
    Ive also put on a few lbs and am also eating to keep the sickness at bay! Its hard when i dont fancy most things too and the things i do want are hardly low fat!! I put on about 2.5stone last time and will expect the same again. I am feeling so big and bloated but no bump! i am expecting to show earlier and everything is getting tighter by the day!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP LadyK xxxx