Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is there any hope? :-(

hey ladies

i started brown spotting just over a week ago and on friday, this turned into red almost like period bleeding. always when i wiped, sometimes onto a pad and clots whenever i go to the loo. not as much as a normal period. i have also had some mild cramping - again, not as bad as normal period pain, but uncomfortable. i have never had full on sickness or major symptoms, just tiredness and queasiness which i still have a little.

i bled a lot in my first pregnancy but it was a couple of big gushes and then spotting - not like this period bleeding and i never had any cramping. i never had loads of symptoms then either.

i am going to try and see a doctor tomorrow. but does anyone think there is any hope? i think in my heart of hearts i know it is over but just trying to cling on with my fingertips! image x

Replies

• Options
    Iv had quite a few bleeds and baby is still ok in there, I had one at a month, then 7.5 weeks for three days ( lots of blood) then on fri but this time with cramps. Iv got a blood around my sac and will prob bleed some more. Call a+e and get referred to epu to have a scan Hun then youl know what's happening. Bleeding is so common but so distressing when It happen. Really hope everything ok image xx
  • Options
    Hi hun

Sorry to hear, I have had 2 additional scans this pregnancy due to bleeding and cramps, but all is still ok and i am now 20wks, i just rang the early pregnancy unit at my hospital and they got me in for a scan, but after a few false alarms they have said if something is happening i will know as it will be V. painful and heavy bleeding with alot of clots, so if i get spotting just try and hang in there, I think now i have stopped worrying about it so much it has stopped,

| hope all is ok for you, good luck xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies. feel a bit more hopeful now.i bled loads the last pregnancy which is why i didn't contact the doctor straight away but the cramps really worried me. where i live, you need the doctor to refer you to the epu, so i have an appointment for 3pm to hopefully get a referral for early in the week.

thanks for the good wishes.

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you - it sounds as though based on other people's experiences there is still hope. Also, I just wanted to say that my symptoms are just the same as yours tiredness and queasiness but nothing major and I had a scan last Tuesday and all was well with bean.

I have also been getting period like cramps.

I bleed for 10 days at 9 weeks in my last pregnancy and also all was well and I now have a happy and healthy 9 months old.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you over the next few days.

Amme
  • Options
    A couple of weeks ago - I was getting light red bleeding mostly when i wiped - on and off for about a week. Went to epu - who scanned me and found a heartbeat and said i was about 6 weeks. They said that bleeding was probably implantation bleeding. So crossed fingers its the same for you xxx
  • Options
    thanks all. i saw the doctor today. he felt my tummy and said it felt ok - i guess he was feeling for an ectopic, as i wouldn't have thought he can tell anything else just by feeling my tummy. anyway, he has referred me to the epu for a scan. he reckons it will be either tomorrow or tuesday. he has said just to take it easy but that if i got heavy bleeding or severe pain to go to a&e.

going to work from home tomorrow and hope i get a scan so at least i will know one way or another.

thanks for all your posts - they have made me feel better. we haven't told hardly anyone about the pregnancy, so this is the only place i can get support at the moment.

xxxx
  • Options
    Any news hun - how are you feeling today?
  • Options
    hi there. thanks for asking.

had scan today which should have been around 8 weeks and sadly there was just an empty sac that measured around 5 weeks. they said either my dates are wrong (they can't be that far out), i am miscarrying or ectopic. they took bloods today and i have to go back thursday, and depending on what they show, we will then decide next steps.

very very sad. as i am 40, i cannot see us trying again. reading on the internet suggests there is the tiniest glimmer of hope but really i think it means i am leaving dio! image

good luck to you all - wishing you all healthy pregnancies.

• Options
    Greymum, im so so so sorry to hear this.

I too experienced the same thing last week. Its the most heartbreaking thing so i know exactly what your going through.

I thought i was 10 weeks, but same as you only measured 5.

Thinking of you hun xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    thankyou.

its such a horrid thing to happen isn't it. thinking of you too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. We lost our first 2 weeks ago now.

Take care, and thinking of you.

xxx.
  • Options
    so sorry to hear of your sad news. thoughts with you xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you hugs.

Xxx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear your news. Big hugs for you xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your support ladies.

I have just had confirmation that the blood tests show a miscarriage. There was no doubt in my mind, given the amount of pain and bleeding etc I have had over the last two days. Feeling more human today and more able to face the world although there are babies and pregnant ladies everywhere it seems!

Just wanted to say goodbye and good luck to you all.

• Options
    Please can I be removed from the due date thread.

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear your news - look after yourself xx

Love TW xx