Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding at 13 weeks :(

Hi,

I had my 12 week scan last week and everything was lovely, baby was wriggling away! However, on Tuesday I started bleeding, like a normal period flow with bright red blood, so has an emergency scan yesterday. Everything was alright at the scan and baby was dancing away image but it has left me feeling really shaken about it all. I just wish there was a reason to deal with. I have since had just some red spotting since, so hopefully all will be ok and I might be able to relax a bit soon.

Hope everyone else is well. Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Hun, how stressful for u. Glad everything is alright and that baby was still jumping around. Fingers crossed that the bleeding disappears soon xx

Try not to stress yourself out to much trying to figure out the reason (hard I know!). X
  • Options
    So glad your baby is doing ok, really feel for you.... I have my scan on Tuesday and am getting a bit nervous everything is ok. I really hope bleeding stops and you get to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Xx
  • Options
    Oh no! What a nightmare CG!

Thank goodness baby was still a happy little wriggler at your scanimage but it's a shame they can't give you a reason? Did they say anything at all about what the cause could be?

Hope you are able to relax a bit soon.

BB x
  • Options
    Try not to worry hun, I had bleeding on and off from 5 weeks with DS and then had my final bleed at 13 weeks, it wasnt until they did an internal that they found an infection, it could be that you have an abrasion on your cervix that they couldnt see from a scan or something completely harmless x x

did they give you any indication as to what it could be? x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

I wasn't really given any reason, they said it could be that I have a low lying placenta, but if that's the case it won't show until the 20 week scan. They also did an internal examination and couldn't see anything. Luckily the blood seems to be more brown today so I'm hoping it will stop soon.

Thanks again for you lovely messages. X
  • Options
    Hi curly g

Really glad everything is okimage shocking when it happens tho Hun, I still wasn't really given an explanation as to why my bleeds happen , my consultant was very blazay about the whole thing!! Quite annoying when ur trying to get answers!! Xx
  • Options
    Oh how scary! Hope you're feeling better now its passed.

Sometimes these things just happen-which for some of us (including me...that wants an answer for eveything!!) its really frustrating.

Fingers crossed it doesnt happen again. Hugs!

xDx