Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

scared

Morning Ladies.

i have my 12 week scan on saturday and I am so scared of a mmc, I have never had one before but for some reason and petrified!

I also found out that my husbands best friends wife is a week behind us and this will sound terrible but i am so scared that i will have to watch her go through her pregnancy if there is something wrong with me!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Vix

I felt the same, i was in a total panic. I know this is easier said than done, but try to relax. Do you think you have any reason to suspect a mmc?

Big Hug x
  • Options
    Hey!

My friend had one just before I feel pregnant with my son who is now 8 months. I cant remember being quite this scared when carrying him!

My HB thinks that its because with our son I had a slight bleed at 7 weeks and 6 days so got an early scan so I was able to see him then. Also any syptoms have gone other than being tired and not wanted to eat any cheader lol. I wonder if its also because we have told hardly anybody this time around so maybe it doesnt feel real yet.

I am just so scared about saturday that i am struggleing to sleep.

when do you have your scan?

• Options
    Just saw on your ticker that you are 15 weeks so you must of had your scan!

• Options
    i had my scan about 3 weeks ago, i was petrified. With my DS i also has a slight bleed and could not remember feeling so paranoid! the pregnancy malarky is a worrying old business image

When i saw the heartbeat it was such a relief, i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, will look out for a post on Sat giving us an update

Sending Tons of positive vibes
  • Options
    bless you hun, ur not on ur own, its so scary, i remember with my dd i was so scared that they would scan me and nothing would be there, i had a mc in september xx im sure u will be fine xxxx huggles xx
  • Options
    Ahh, I think we all feel nervous about the 12 week scans as it is such a big thing, however it sounds like everything is going well. Try to stay positive, I'm sure everything will be fine. Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, its so nice to have people around that understand!

• Options
    Ah your situation sounds very similar to mine. With DD I had a bleed at 9 weeks so had an early scan. This time around all was fine so I had to wait until my 12 scan to see baby and I was exactly the same as you, I was terrified when we went in there that they would say baby had stopped growing weeks earlier. Thankfully, all was fine with me and I am pretty sure that your's will be too, I think that this is a pretty normal feeling to have.

Just think how lucky we are to have such easy first trimester, a friend of mine is about a month behind me and has been off work for the last month with sickness.

Good luck for your scan, look forward to hearing how it went.

Amme

15 weeks today
  • Options
    Iv got mine tomorrow and i am so scared too. I really dont remember being this worried with DD1. I feel like i cant even think about seeing baby incase there isnt one and i might jinx it. Im such an idiot i know but i cant help it. Just wanted to let you know you arent the only one!
  • Options
    My scan is on friday and i feel exactly the same. My sil had a mc at 12 weeks that was only picked up by the scan - so i am realy woried this time.

Fingers crossed we'll both be fine
  • Options
    Tigger its horrible isnt it!

Hope to see some happy news from you on friday!

xx
  • Options
    I know - i'm full of doom and gloom today. Conviced everyhing will be bad news. Hopefully its just hormonal!
  • Options
    Tigger, I just wanted to wish you lots and lots of luck for tomorrow!

Make sure you let us know how you got on.

• Options
    Ahh, Tigger, how did it go today?

Viv, hope it all goes well tomorrow, remember to let us know how it goes! X
  • Options
    Thanks yep I will post on here might not be until late, as long as all goes well we are planning on going round to friends and family to spread the news! x
  • Options
    I felt exactly the same. Still do really and i've had 3 scans! Good luck for today although you won't need it, let us know how you get on. x