Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

water birth

As anyone experienced a water bith?

I am considering having one and just wanted know your experiences from having a water birth x

Replies

• Options
    I had one with my Son last year it was great. I was in the bath for about half hour and in the birthing pool for 5mins but I wish I was in there for longer because as soon as I got in it was like heaven I just remember the relief I felt.

I had a home birth and the MW didn't arrive in time and you're not aloud to get in unless she is there which is why I only had 5mins but I can only imagine it would be so much better being in the pool to labour. It was the most amazing experience here is a link to my BS if you would like to read

http://www.babyexpert.com/community/forums/thread/1002730

I definitely recommend water births.
  • Options
    I when I got to hospital I used the bath to start with and then moved to the birthing pool at 8cms and I loved the relief water gave! However, unfortunately I didn't manage to deliver in the pool as I had been pushing for a long time and I had to try out of the pool incase I needed intervention such as forceps, luckily after a few pushes out of the pool though I delivered naturally!

I would definitely like to use the pool again and would love to deliver this baby in the pool, my only concern is that as I had a post patrum hemorge whether I'll be allowed one, although my midwife seems to think it is definitely and option, as long as I have the injection to deliver the placenta straight after delivering.

I would definitely recommend it, however some people don't like being in the water so that's why I went in the bath first to see if I liked it, so I'd recommend posibly having a bath at home in early labour. Xxx
  • Options
    Oh great thread, I wanted one last time but wasn't allowed in due to being induced as I was on continuous monitoring - I am really hopeful that this time I'll be able to.

Amme

16 + 3
  • Options
    Hi I had a home water birth with my daughter in 2007 after 2 awful instrumental deliveries with my sons. I had always wanted a home water birth and it really was the best day of mine and my husbands lives!

I spent all of my labour of about 2 hours in the pool mainly on all fours just breathing through the contractions in our conservatory on a lovely sunny March afternoon. It was all so calm and peaceful and when my daughters head came out looking up at us we were just chatting away and taking photos until she came out with the next contraction.

For me it was definately easier giving birth in water and I am really hoping for the same this time.

I would definately recommend it!! x
  • Options
    ohh great thank you 4 the advice i am definatley going to go for 1 now image ...i love being in water xxx