Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Shimmsie

Hi,

I was just wondering how Gabe was sleeping - is he still waking? Daniel has started waking in tears - he is still in a cot so can't come into our room. I think it's nightmares. I don't mind seeing to him, of course, but I'm pg and it's so tiring - am dreading OH being at work all week as he has been helping me out lots with him this weekend.

Wondered if you had any other advice?

Love K xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Sorry to hear that your lo is also waking. Gabe slept through the night before last but was up again last night - 2.50am and then 4.40am. He is (very slowly) getting better but it is taking its time. We still have no clue as to what started it - I am wondering now whether he is suffering from more teething pain. Most of his teeth are through so I guess it must be back ones.

I'm afraid that I don't have any magical advice. We started by letting G come into bed with us if he came in after midnight just so we could get some sleep. However, we have since realised that we can't sleep with him because he kicks in his sleep etc. :roll:. So now we are just putting him back to bed each time and I sit next to him in a chair until he is asleep. It can take 20 mins of him sitting up looking for me but he eventually gives in and nods off!

We are starting to see a dim light at the end of the tunnel so we are just going to ride it out until he is sleeping properly again. Fingers crossed he gets there before August and the arrival of no.2.

Perhaps your lo is ready for a bigger bed with less restrictions? Mind you, he may then get out of bed to come in and see you at night! No easy answer. All I can say is I feel your pain!

C.x
  • Options
    Thanks hon. Last night he actually slept through, though I was awake waiting for him to wake up! Will see what tonight brings.

I think it is teeth aswell as nightmares. The other night I gave him Calpol and he seemed really pleased to see it. i have thought about a bigger bed and want him in one in the next few months (as i find it hard to lean over at the mo) but he loves to sleep up against the rail so would need some kind of rail to stop he falling out. I do worry he would keep coming to find us. He has never settled in bed with us, wish he would really, so he would need settling back into his room straight away.

I really hope Gabe starts sleeping better for you. Don't know about you but i feel there are lots of issues to deal with at this age, more than i expected - i thought i got more support from hvs etc when D was a baby xx