Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm going to be a twin mummy!

Hello all,

I had an early scan yesterday and found out I am having twins. My official EDD is 29th September, but more likely to make it to a maximum of 37 weeks so more likely to be toward the start of September.

I've seen a few threads by ladies thinking they could be having twins - all I can say is my sickness is horrific, my boobs are excrutiating and I could sleep 24/7, this is not to say I would feel any differently if there was just one bean.

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all - there are a few of my KWA girls in here - so hi ladies!! image

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Fab news MrsAD! How exciting! Congrats! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Kaycee - yes very exciting but need to save the pennies to get two of everything - that'll be a nightmare!

xxx
  • Options
    g/c to say congrats, my twin girlies are nearly 3 months old now.

Its hard work but I wouldnt have it any other way. Do you know if they are ID yet or is it too early to tell xxx
  • Options
    Hi Vix - I remember you from the invision site - can't believe your twins are already 3 months old. Thats fab! image

They are non-identical - both have seperate sacs - so it could be one of each - were yours identical?

Thanks for the positive post, I'm so nervous about the next six weeks - just wish I could hide in a bubble until my 12 week scan.

Can I ask when you delivered - yesterday I was told twins rarely get past the 37 week mark?

xxx
  • Options
    Oh my goodness MrsAd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am sure it must feel a bit daunting but what WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news.

Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish, hope it picks up soon, am only carrying one bean but since about 10 weeks I've felt an awful lot better, xxx
  • Options
    Funnily enough I'm just excited dont think its sunk in properly yet. I really hope I start to feel better from 10 weeks, I can't wait to not feel sick!!

xxx
  • Options
    wow congrats hun xxx
  • Options
    My girls are non id, had seperate sacs and placentas.

I delivered at 38+1, I was induced at 38+0 and they arrived the following day. No idea how long they would have stayed there if the hospital hadn't evicted them!

I think it depends on your consultant as to when you deliver if you don't go naturally. When I was 1st told it was twins, the sonographer said it would be 36 weeks, but conultant said no 38. I've heard of other twin mummies going overdue!!!

It is pretty daunting. It took a good few weeks for the excitement to over ride the fear!

Just be prepared for the attention and repetitive questions both while pregnant and once they are born! People stop me in the supermarket, some nosey people even ask their names and birth weights!! :roll:
  • Options
    Congrats! I bet you're relieved it's only 2 as I remember reading that you had 5 eggs and were advised not to bd!!

I'm a twin and having twins is one of my biggest fears! We have an early scan on Thurs and once I know there's a hb I will then be obsessively asking them to triple check there's just one.

• Options
    Wow - thats good, I did the worst thing ever and looked on the internet and there was all these stories about twins being born at 30 weeks. I'm really hoping I get as close to full term as possible for their sakes, although I bet i'll be thoroughly fed up by the end.

I've seen a t-shirt that just says 'yes its twins' so think i'll get that and wear it out for the last couple of months.

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations! Thats fantastic news!!

Good luck with everything xx image
  • Options
    congratulaions how exciting (but nerve racking,i bet!) hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy. image
  • Options
    Ah MrsAd GCing but wanted to say a big congrats, what fantastic news! My friend is about 7 wks behind me also with none identical twins, she is due at the end of July but has been told like you, that they may induce upto 4 wks earlier than that. Just think you're little bundles will have their own built in playmate to occupy each other - that's a bonus! image
  • Options
    I need a sign for the buggy saying:

Yes they are twins

No they're not identical

No it wasn't IVF

Yes it was a surprise

Yes there are twins in the family

They are 'x' weeks old

Now go away and let me get on

:lol:
  • Options
    Fantastic news! I'm loving the sign for the buggy too! Hope you feel better in a few weeks. Things are not quite as bad for me since i hit 9 weeks. X
  • Options
    what lovely news! congrats! my friend has twins and loves every minute, he said its all about routine!

Hope you start to feel better soon!

cx
  • Options
    Hi MrsAd, congrats hun, bet u are relieved it wasn't quins lol. Look forward to seeing u in here image i am 9wks and feel very sick although luckily I am not sick xx
  • Options
    Oh wow ! That is lovely news. Two lovely little bundles of joy image
  • Options
    ahhh, I've said it already, but it's really fab news, MrsAd... and also great to see you here in September. I'm still only dipping my toes in here, but it'll be lovely to have you as a partner in crime.

Happy and healthy (close to as possible) 9 months to you!!!xxx
  • Options
    BTW, do they do twin tickers?