Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Headaches...

Im getting one everyday now and im realy struggling to cope with the pain!

Obviously i cant take any medication so the only thing i can do is sleep, but thats impossible at work!

Im drinking lots of water so its not dehydration.

Im just getting to the point where i cant take anymore....i have one even now :cry:

I got home from work last night with a really bad one and slept from 6.45pm to 8am this morning with no dinner as i was in SO much pain :cry:

Is anyone else getting them, or have any advie to give me?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Perhaps you can ask your midwife or GP about this? I'm sure I read headaches are quite common in pg but not had them myself.

You are allowed to take paracetamol during pregnancy but if you need it daily its best to seek some advice.

Hope they stop soon.
  • Options
    I always get them in pregnancy and i was told its either dydration,stress, high blood pressure or low.But the main one was eating enough food.I did find if i ate and drank enough i wasn't to bad.But saying that in my first pregnancy i did have pre-eclampsia and it was down to that.I should mention it to your midwife or gp just in case.x
  • Options
    i get headaches all the time but get loads of migraines when pg. paracetomol do nowt for me so i have to rest. it sucks but hey ho
  • Options
    I've been getting really bad headaches normally in the afternoon and evenings. I find the best thing is to go to bed! image I'm finding it dificult to watch much tv, read or go on comp in evenings because of them so there's not much else to do. Have had paracetamol a couple of times when they've been particularly bad.

That said my symptoms seem to be easing off over the past few days after a really bad few weeks, been getting much less headaches and nausea so fingers crossed for you they'll get better on their own soon.

xxx
  • Options
    I feel for you, they are affecting me to. I'm drinking lots, sleeping as much as I can (which is hard with a toddler who doesn't!!) but the thing thats helped my headaches (and sickness) is eating a little every hour or less. Fingers crossed they subside soon for you, I know how you feel, you just want to stick something in your skull to release the pressure and cry! Big hug xxx
  • Options
    Thank you for all your replies, im so glad im not alone! I thought i was going insane last week! And thank you for all your good ideas!

It got so bad on Sunday (almost like a migraine) that i broke down to my OH's mum and just couldnt stop crying, it was really getting to me!

I had the day off yesterday and had my Midwife appointment and i mentioned it to her, she told that it's quite normal, drink lots, have plenty of rest, eat often....all the things i am doing! lol

Im a lot happier today though, i didnt have a headache yesterday and i havent got one today! My sickness has eased lots and even the tiredness isnt toooo bad! Let's hope it's a sign of things to come! Maybe week 12 will be my saviour and i wont feel like poo anymore :lol:
  • Options
    I hope you don't feel like poo soon too :lol: xxx