Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Night sickness?!

After me panicking last week that I have no symptoms I seem to have gone to the opposite extreme! I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and i've spent the whole weekend feeling so sick I thought I must have eaten something dodgy. The nights have been awful though, as the day goes on the sickness has got worse and i've almost been sick in the evenings, although have still not actually been sick. Has anyone else had sickness the wrong way round?! I thought that we were meant to wake up feeling sick not the other way round! :?

Replies

• Options
    I was exactly the same as you - worried as I had no symptoms then bang..felt sick all the time!

Mine's actually not too bad in the morning but I've had a bowl next to my bed on more than one occasion at night so I totally sympathise hun!

I swear by boots acupressure sickness bands - they've helped me X
  • Options
    I have the same. Tea time is the time i feel sick and i can just about eat my tea but feel sick and full afterwards. (Doesn't stop me eating though lol!)

Have very nearly been sick lots of times in the evening. BTW i'm 9 weeks.

• Options
    I could have written your post! I was symptom free until 8 weeks and then got hit with sickness that startly slowly at 3 in the afternoon and then just got worse as the day went on to the stage I would be lying in bed at night feeling completely ill!!

It all passed by 10weeks!!

Hope you feel better soon!

cx
  • Options
    I have replied in pregnancy, me too xx
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why it is called morning sickness - should be all day sickness!!!

This is my second pregnancy and thankfully this time round I have suffered far less than I did with my daughter. I felt awful during my 1st pregnancy. This time I have mainly wanted to heave with the smell of handwash and perfume/flowery smells - bleurgh!!

I'm nearly 11 weeks now and am just about getting back to my old self!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it passes soon x
  • Options
    I've been getting mine about 5pm ish - just in time to dish up DD's tea. Nice! Hopefully the sickness will sort itself out soon x
  • Options
    have had it 24/7. don't remember it this bad with ds
  • Options
    I started off feeling a little sick in the morning around 5 weeks then i started to feel really sick all the time around 6+4 then at around 7+3 my symptoms seemed to go away, like the sickness and i had bad cramps over the weekend at about 7+4 so went for a scan at my EPAU when i should have been 7+6 and got put forward 2 days to 8+1 and the sickness hit again but at night time. It was really bad, at about 4-5ish every evening i started to feel really sick and awful.

Im now 9+3 and my sickness has almost gone. I've never actually been sick but felt very sick and dry heaving.

It came back yesterday morning as soon as i got up and i was heaving over the toilet for about 10 mins.

I have a hospital app on Monday with my consultant who will monitor me throughout the pregnancy due to 4 previous MMC/MC and i shall be having another scan, that will be at 10+1

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies ladies, i'm glad i'm not the only one (but not glad that you're all sick too!). I'm still getting sick later in the day but i've realised that if I eat something I feel better, although the past two nights all i've managed is spagetti on toast! Not very healthy I know. I think whoever named it 'morning sickness' was a liar, or a man!!! xx
  • Options
    My night sickness is back!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Im getting midnight sickness! image
  • Options
    I am with you too, i start feeling sick later in afternoon and evening x