Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weddings

Hi Ladies,

I have a dilemma one of my friends is getting married in April, I was supposed to be a bridesmaid but backed out when I found out I was pregnant as I know dress fittings would be difficult. So, I will be around 19 weeks when she gets married and I have no idea what to wear!!! Do I buy a dress the day before and run the risk of not getting a nice one, do I buy a maxi dress in the hope that bump will fit it even though its April and I will probably freeze.....I am so confused. I have never been to a wedding while pregnant so have no idea how to play it. Any advice is appreciated x

Replies

• Options
    I have a wedding in March when I'll be 16.5wks so I'm sure I will hAvE a proper little bump then! One oF my workmates is going to lend me an empire line dress so hopefully that will fit otherwise I was thiking a maxi dress in a size up but as you say - brrrrrrr! I also have weddings in June and July bit those will be much easier!
  • Options
    I'd be inclined to wait until just a week or so before and then go shopping. It's so difficult until you know what size you are going to be, isn't it? I think your best bet at that stage would be a non maternity dress but just in a bigger size (and assuming you can find one that has the right cut to it) x
  • Options
    gc from august

I have just bought 2 lovely dresses from mothercare in my normal size and there is plenty of rrom for my bump for April and May. The lady said they are designed to look good with bumps of all sizes.

You could go for a wrap dress as it will fit you whatever size you are. I have a gorgeous isabella oliver one that is very flattering.

I don't think i'd cope with last minute shopping!xxx
  • Options
    I've also got a wedding in april when i'll be 17 weeks so am hoping i'll have some sort of bump to show off by then! I've got a nice empire line dress already that should work though - as long as it still fits my bust! Really looking forward to June when my sister in law is having her daughter christened as i'll be able to buy a lovely maternity dress by then i hope!
  • Options
    Hay i would wait until maybe a few weeks before and go try some on that you like and go from there. I also have a wedding to go to but in july when i will 7 months.Its the mother in laws so will need something good as going to be loads of pics and dd is flower girl.x