Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I have had my scan

Hi ladies

well as the title says i have had my dating scan. Saw my little babys heart beat and kicking and waving away he?she is very active by the looks of it.

But its bowel is outside the belly still so i have to go back for a scan on 28 feb. I went into slight shock when she first said 'it has a lump on the belly and its the bowel'

She said that this can sometimes happen at this stage most bowels have gone in by now but some can take a little longer.

Im trying not to worry but im struggling.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ah, glad you've got a wriggler there! I see from your ticker you've had your dating scan pretty early on - could that be why the bowel isn't in the right place yet maybe? I know it will be far easier said than done but try not to worry - hopefully on the 28th everything will be where it needs to be. Having said that, I'm cr@p and a real worry wort!

Lots of Love, K xxx
  • Options
    yes that is more than likely the reason why and thats what keep telling myself the reason is but there is always that little naughty negative thought that always seems to pop up every now and than.

I worry over everything big or small.

Mw told me when i rang to make my booking app that they now do the scans between 9 and 12 weeks here, which yes is good in away puts parents minds at rest to see baby there but then in some cases like this puts more pressure on parents. I know i will worry for the next 13 days even though i know it is more than likely going to fine.

love

dee.

xxx
  • Options
    I know what you mean about worrying until 12wks! I had my scan a week ago and they put me foward 4days so I'm 12wks tomorrow but am only going public now!

Of course you will worry but I'm sure everything will be ok, great that you got to see baby kicking and jumping around image
  • Options
    It was lovely seeig baby move like that my other two didnt even wave at my 12 week scan. But i got a lovely pic of baby waving today. My dd loves it and ds just said you look silly on that picture (he is 3).

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, glad all is ok. The same thing happened to a friend of mine and it seems really common. My friends little girl needed an op a week after she was born to sort it all out and she is a happy 13 month old with no other complications. Even if it doesn't move hun, the doctors know what they are doing. I know how scary it can be, I still remember being told out son was poorly and how terrified I was xxxx
  • Options
    Thank you torch.

I ahve spoke to mw and she has explained to me what is going to happen if its still out at 12 weeks. She said that yes it should all be developed and said that i should look up nabout it and questions on the internet for consultant as i will be put under there care while pregnant.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi I'm glad its all well adn you saw an active little one in there.

I agree with Kaycee that as your scan was the earliest it can be done that its more likley it will pop right back into your baby.image

I also know that you won't believe this until the 28th!image But do your best to focus on everything else being good. x
  • Options
    Make sure you shoo away those pesky, naughty negative thoughts!!!

• Options
    I will try kaycee.

xxx
  • Options
    You must be so glad to hve seen your wee bean. You are still early so try not to worry although that is easier said than done!

good luck for the next scan!!

cx
  • Options
    Oh bless you, must be so worrying but know that your little baby is so safe in mummy being looked after and if the bowel stays external then the doctors can sort it when you have him/her, you're looking after bean now so they are always safe image xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replys.

xxx