Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

am i the only one?

am i the only one not to have had a scan yet? haven't even got a date for it yet!

Replies

• Options
    Nope, I am still waiting for mine. It's booked in for the 24th so not too much longer to wait now.

I booked my scan myself because I have to go to a clinic to get the scan done rather than the hospital, but I think normally the hospital will do it for you. Have you had any midwife checks yet? Maybe mention it to the midwife next time you see her, although I am sure they are on top of things and you will be getting a letter soon!

I haven't seen a midwife yet, I will see her for the first time after my scan next week! x
  • Options
    I havent! I have mine next Thursday when i will be 12wks and 5 dys!

It feels like it's been FOREVER waiting for it though! Im excited now!

Maybe give your GP a call, or your midwife and see what's happening?

• Options
    I havent either, I went to the Drs 2 weeks ago and she said I would get a date through soon- This might still count as 'soon' in Dr time but it is NOT soon in impatient pregnant time!
  • Options
    not seen a midwife yet - have got booking in appt next wed and apparently it will be discussed at that appt. i asked for an appt that afternoon as hospital is 30mins away, booking in just gone 9am so can easily go into hull shopping for a couple of hours and pop back to hospital on way home but no. apparently i have to sign 2 forms - how bloody long do they think it takes me to sign a form?!?!?!
  • Options
    Hi

I haven't had one either. I think a few ladies also had early scans rather than 12 week ones so it probably seems like more women have had their dating scans.image

I think you have to consent to the down's screening or not but for me it was just one form. But I guess its different everywhere.

Hope you get a date through soon. x
  • Options
    with ds i don't remember signing anything for a scan. we weren't that fussed about finding out about downs or anything as we both knew we would deal with him having it if he did (which he didnt). from my experience at castle hill i think they just like being disorganised and awkward!
  • Options
    My midwife referred me at my booking in appointment and then just got a letter from the hospital to tell me when it was. 25th Feb though so still waiting. Didn't have anything to sign, i assume they'll just ask on the day about the NT scan. Not decided yet though, don't know if there's any point having it coz i won't be having amnio or CVS if i am high risk.
  • Options
    Mine is not till the 14th March! I am due late september though. Am only just 9 weeks. I will be 12+5 on the day of the scan.
  • Options
    I haven't but I'm only 7+6 and haven't even been passed to midwife yet as GP said to wait until after my blood test results and early scan to check everything was ok first. I've got to go in an fill in some forms before they can do that. I have another private scan on Sat so going to wait until next week to go in.

With my first I didn't get my scan date until really late.

• Options
    I have my 12 week scan next Wednesday but that will be my 4th one. I only got the letter for it yesterday xx
  • Options
    hi Liz,

I have my MW appointment next wednesday and then my scan is two weeks after that and it is my first one so no your not alone.

If i was you i would ring the doctor to check your in their system which is what i did and then that day when i got home i had my MW appointment followed by my scan date which came a couple of days later.

I know what you mean though the wait seems to be taking ages.

• Options
    Hay mine isn't until 16 th march when i am a day off 13 weeks.My midwives are castle hill.But not sure if there the same ones.x
  • Options
    we have to go to castle hill as well! giving birth at hull royal though...