Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dreams

afternoon ladies. Hope you are all ok.

Where to start!! I have messed up dreams anyway, really messed up, so much so I have seen my doctor about them. I can't say I have ever had a 'normal' dream.

So the last 2 nights I have had dreams about the 20 week scan. It was all a bit strange but the first night they told me I was having a boy and my reaction.............what, and he is healthy?

I lost my son last year and it was at 20 weeks we found out he was very poorly. My sister also lost a baby boy, she has 5 daughters and 3 granddaughters and then I lost Cai.

Then last night I had a dream that they told me it was a girl and had a sense of relief. These are really doing my head in because I wake up filled with dread that the 20 week scan is just over 8 weeks ago. I am booked for a scan at 16 weeks but I had one on Cai at 16 weeks and his illness was not there, so in the space of 4 weeks my little man had become so poorly.

I never felt Cai move at all, not one flutter and now I am terrified that I will get to 16 weeks and not feel a thing and this baby will be poorly as well.

I really don't know if I am strong enough to do this. All I can think about is that scan and how the hell I am supposed to cope with waiting for it.

I know I can't change what will be, I tell myself that every day but I am so upset with worry. I just don't know what to do.

You don't need to reply, just needed to get this out. xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Torch,

Those dreams must be upsetting. Its amazing how our minds can work over time even when we sleep.

Hope your ok and your dreams settle down!

cx