Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hello ladies

hello,

just wanted to introduce myself as I am also due in September. This is my second child, DD being 21 months old and a wee star. She has been an absolute angel from day one and certainly hoping that baby number 2 has the same temperament! She has yet to give us a sleepless night and is incredibly easy going. I don't have an official due date yet but I'm guessing around the 18th. My dating scan is next week and can't come soon enough!

I'm a nervous wreck with this pregnancy but mainly due to complications first time round. I also had a miscarriage in November last year so every day that passes is a bonus. I had SPD quite badly with DD and spent the last four months on crutches - not fun! I have been warned I am more likely to get it again which will be interesting with a toddler to run after!

I suffered a placental abruption during my labour which was obviously very scary and it almost stopped us attempting to try for baby number two. I will be under the care of a consultant throughout this pregnancy but it's still a worry. I'm suffering badly from nausea and vomiting but I had the same first time round which didn't ease til 17 weeks! I know it will all be worth it in the end though.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you ladies in the coming months and wish you all well. Can't wait to hear all your updates.

Shons

Replies

• Options
    Hi there. Blimey, sounds like DD definitely gave you a tough time first time round! Let's hope this one is much smoother for you.

I am expecting no2 on the 13th when DD will be 17 months and, I should say, she is STILL giving us sleepless nights! I really have to sort that out before no2 rocks up!

Look forward to chatting some more x
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. Fingers crossed all is ok and next baby is as easy as your first!

Kayecee - my LO is 17 months and we are still having sleepless nights. Stupid molars! image
  • Options
    Welcome. I am 12 weeks with number 3. Megan is 7 and Cai would be 13 months now but he was stillborn in January last year. Also had 3 early losses after Megan.

I am also under consultant led care.

• Options
    Hiya, welcome to DIS. I'm expecting my 3rd on 31st August ( was put foward a few days ar my scan but bubs will most likely come in Sept!) I have a ds who is 7 and a dd who is 23months tomorrow image
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! X
  • Options
    welcome!