Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Larger Ladies Part 2...

Well I thought that after we'd all introduced ourselves: "I'm Peanut and I'm a fatty... etc..." It'd be good to catch up on how we're all getting along as we enter the 2nd trimester.

I'd been doing really well, hadn't put any weight on (bar the Xmas half stone which I never managed to lose - taking me to just short of 15 stone... eeeekk!!.) Was even more pleased with this as I've not had sickness this time to stop me eating!! However this week - half term and LO's first birthday, has meant I've been very naughty and not been to the gym or eaten very healthily. Last night I did drag myself to said gym and it seems I've put on a couple of pounds image so the plan is to finish off enjoying half term and then get back on the healthy eating and gym regime when I'm back at school next week.

If I can't manage it myself, I'm going to have to pay out and join slimming world.

Inspite of super-fat-tummy, I'm noticing a bit of a bump and in my head, I look pregnant, although I know in reality, I just look extra porky!

So come on ladies, how's everyone getting on...?

Love Peanut (13+6) xxx

Replies

• Options
    Wow, well done! You are doing so well. Iwish I had your dedication! I have put on about 5lbs but it's no wonder really as I am pretty much eating everything in sight. Oh, except lettuce and the like. Funny that :roll:

I seem to be craving cheese which means I am having it in sandwiches, on jacket pots and melted on just about every dinner I have! To be fair, I am eating lots of berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries) but that's the problem, I am eating lots of everything!

I'm not really exercising either. The weather has been so crap that I've been driving everywhere with DD and then I'm in bed by about 8pm. I was pleased that at my booking in appt (which was at 10 weeks) I wasn't classed as high risk because of my BMI (it was 29 but here in Scotland the threshold is 35).

Anyway, I WILL, WILL, WILL try to be better or I know I will just give myself a hard time come the end of the year when I have to try and lose all the flab :cry:

Keep up the good work my lovely!

K x
  • Options
    That was a lovely post, thanks Kaycee! Although I'm not sure I'm going to let you be on here... My BMI was 32 so at 29, you're a skinny minnie lol!!

I'm so with you on the cheese though, I'm just loving cheese sandwiches, can't get enough of them. Also, the eating loads, I'm finding the same too. Actually had 4 meals yesterday lol!

Have managed a short gym sess this morning and now I'm feeling a bit brighter, will have to make this more regular.

I think 5lb in the first trimester is totally normal so don't worry about it, it's much better than 15!!

Take care hun xx

PS are you back to school tomorrow? (have a feeling you're a teacher too?)
  • Options
    Oh.... and bread! Especially naughty white bread!!
  • Options
    Oh.... and bread! Especially naughty white bread!!

Mmmm...with butter and peanut butter. Is this thread maybe counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve?? :lol:

You have a good memory! I was a teacher but didn't go back after having DD (would've been due back last month). I'm now a full time SAHM (it was prompted a little bit by circumstance as we moved last summer so I had to resign). Do you teach too?

• Options
    Yes, I've been back full time since September teaching year 6 (very stressful but I'm just about managing the work load - or rather avoiding it altogether this half term!)

Will be requesting 2 days after this one and there's no way I can carry on full time, it's far too evhausting and LO is changing so quickly, I don't want to miss anything!

See what you mean about the counterproductive-ness... no more talk of food!!