Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Heard babys heartbeat today

Went to see midwife for my 16wk appt and heard baby heartbeat today. It was amazing to hear image midwife found it first time too, it was certainly very active kicking away.

I also ordered my nursery furniture from mothercare got a fab deal on the summer oak. image

Replies

• Options
    Ah, how lovely. I have my 16 week appt tomorrow and am really looking forward to hearing him/her xxx
  • Options
    That's lovely and great that she found it straight away!

They wouldn't let me hear in my area (apparantly it's their policy at 16 weeks) fingers crossed will get to hear it at next scan.

• Options
    That's great. I think we live for those moments when pregnant don't we?!

I have my appointment in a couple of days but wasn't sure if she would listen for heartbeat - hope she does image
  • Options
    Hi MadamB,

I'm glad the appointment went well and you got to hear the heartbeat! image

There's nothing so reassuring as that sound is there?

I had a hospital appointment a week after my midwife appointment and got to hear the heartbeat again! Bit sneaky but the registrar did offer and I thought why not!?

I'm pleased to see another mum-to-be benefited from the mothercare deal too! Its so exciting! A word of warning though...the furtniture comes quite quickly with not a lot of notice so if you ordered it online I'd check your email daily! :lol:

We are currently living around our nursery boxes whist we figure out where to put them - can't put them in the baby's room yet as we need to clear it and re-paint etc so they will likely occupy the loft for a bit if we can get them up there! If not I have a nice new cardboard coffee table for a few months. xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, it was so reassuring. Peanutsmoothie can't believe they don't let u listen in, I wonder why not?

Tuliprose I was cheeky with my furniture I stuck it on the babyplan so I have picked a date in June, even though I will pay it off in less than 28days. They told me if I paid up front it would be here in 5 days and if I went for the babyplan you could pick a date and they store the furniture in a separate warehouse. Also if it has anymore money knocked off than I paid before it's delivered then they refund the difference. I thought why not saves me trying to find somewhere to put it at short notice. I was also cheeky with the mattress I got the pocket sprung at half price for ??75 even though that one wasn't in the offer image lol at the coffee table idea if you can't get them in the loft xx