Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Insmonia!

So my DD is staying with my parents this week and so I should be sleeping like a log...but nope! I have been awake between 2 and 4 every morning - so frustrating! I remember this happening with DD in the last 3 or 4 weeks but it was fine because I'd just read or watch TV and then go back to bed which I obviously can't do now!

Anyone else had it start this early? I'm 'hoping' it might be related to me sleeping slightly fitfully because DD is away (which is ironic!).

K x

Replies

• Options
    Oh hon I feel for you!

Sadly I've been having trouble sleeping but mine is all due to being uncomfortable on my sides. I keep feeling there is too much pressure on the side of my thigh bone and have to keep moving over.

Oh and my little boy decides its time to trampoline on my bladder throughout most of the night which doesn't help me settle.

I think I'm also fretting over budgeting when I'm on maternity and also looking at the cost of childcare is enought to keep you awake! image

I'm hoping it eases for both of us soon - already so tired!
  • Options
    Oh no image Sorry to hear it's got you too. I'm getting the numb thigh thing too - it's horrid isn't it? However much I try though, I still keep waking up on my back :roll: Let's hope it's just a phase x
  • Options
    Yes - hopefully we'll be so tired today that we'll sleep better tonight.

If not then I hope it improves when your little one is home again x
  • Options
    yay someone else suffering!!! sorry but i thought it was jsut me. still getting 3ish hours a night. have stopped work and went from 2-3hrs which is a help!
  • Options
    Jeez Liz! 3 hours?! You poor thing x
  • Options
    Yep, the bug has bit. If it's not the cramping legs causing me discomfort it's the bump jumping or the sudden major need for bladder emptying. Then it's the lying awake for several minutes listening out to see whether I've disturbed DH or DD with my trek to the bathroom. :roll:
  • Options
    i got a whole 3.5hrs last night! think i'm getting used to being on leave from work - no stress!
  • Options
    I asked my midwife about the sleeping on my back thing and she said we are allowed to so long as we are propped up a bit on pillows - we're just meant to avoid the flat on our backs position.

I'm so trying this out tonight! image

I also have aquanatal tonight so should tire me out sufficiently. x