Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Saw midwife yesterday

We got to listen to bubs heartbeat again image which was fab. It's my 25 wk check but early cos I am off on my hols mon (yey so excited can't wait). Baby is all good and snug.

I asked about mosquito repellent but they don't know the answer, apparently they have never been asked. So it's a trip to the chemist to ask :roll: even then I prob won't get an answer. Midwife took my bp but never said it was low 100/60, I only noticed when I checked my notes. Maybe it will go back to normal soon as it's normally 120/70 even when I was stressed out with dad. xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Have a great holiday!

Its usual for your bp to be a bit lower in your pregnancy and to fise and fall a little between visits so don't worry.

I think they don't like to tell you if its a bit low - just if its low enough to be a concern if that makes sense?

I also saw my MW yesterday too. I don't have set visits she just tells me how long I need to leave between each appointment when I go so I'll see her in 4 weeks.

Hearing the heartbeat is always ace isn't it - no matter how busy my boy is in there I still love it! image

He was so wriggly yesterday the MW was laughing the whole way through the check of his position.

xx
  • Options
    I had my 25 week check yesterday and bp was 100/66, which she said was fine - but it's much lower than my normal non-pregnant bp. I guess coz there's more blood in there!

As for insect repellent i've been told not to use anything with DEET in it.

xxx
  • Options
    I have my 25 week appointment tomorrow image and consultant friday. Did they measure your bumps?

Funny thing blood pressure, mine has been a lot lower since being pregnant and even more so since losing weight. My pulse on the other hand has always had a mind of its own. I have had numerous tests and I can almost guarantee they will do an ECG again before they induce me, my heart is fine, never had any problems there but my resting pulse is over 100...I think I am just a freak of nature :lol: it runs in my family as my Dad's pulse is the same. xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I am not too concerned about my bp. I am sure if it drops more I will know about it.

I might just give up on the repellant and go without as it shouldn't be too hot and the mozzies hopefully won't be full on yet image Tigerlily I thought it was deet which I should avoid thanks xx
  • Options
    Have a fab holiday MADAM! I am very jealous - would love a little holiday right now! xxx
  • Options
    My MW appt is Friday when she'll check heartbeat and measure bump (can't wait). Madam don't know about specific repellents but if you can get a citronella or lemongrass cream or lotion from somewhere like bodyshop it should help keep mozzies away and if you are unfortunate enough to get bitten you can take certain antihystimenes to help relieve the itch. Happy hols.
  • Options
    g/crashing. If you've got time it might be worth looking into Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray for a mozzie repellent it works on the scottish midgies and is sold in all outdoors shops round here as a mozzie repellent. Though it's actually a moisturiser that contains citronellol. It was recommended to us before we walked the west highland way last summer and it was more effective than any repellent either of us had ever used before.

Hope you have a great holiday
  • Options
    Torch Mw checked my bump but can't find a measurement in my notes maybe I didn't look hard enough :lol:

Tulip I forgot to say, it's ace when u hear and feel baby being so wriggly image

Kazzie I was thinking citronella of some sort tbh I don't get bitten too badly but maybe my pregnant blood will be most attractive to them?

Clalee cheer hun I forgot about the Avon stuff I will take a look image

Kaycee it's mine and hubbys treat to ourselves before baby comes, we love going away image plus it will be a welcome break from sorting out my dads affairs :cry: it's been difficult to do but onwards and upwards xx
  • Options
    Hi all,

Madam have a fab hol. Where are you going?

We are away at the weekend and then off to the Eden project next week for a few days too. Again a treat before baby comes.

oh and had my MW appointment today, she measured bump and said I was measuring spot on. Also heard baby's heart beat and she said baby was very relaxed which she said last time. I hope baby stays that way!!!

Scarily though she pointed out and circled the phone numbers for delivery etc.!!!

SB x
  • Options
    She measured my bump and said it was spot on for my dates - but she's not plotted it yet, gonna wait til 28 weeks. It was particularly uncomfortable when she was trying to find out his position though. Also got to hear heartbeat for the first time which was ace! I wasn't sure at first if it was his or mine coz it was so loud but it was his! She said it's going along at about 148bpm while i'm about 66bpm - so no confusing them! Could also hear him kicking even though i couldn't feel him at the time.

Torch my non-pregnant resting pulse is about 90 so is much lower than usual! xxx
  • Options
    Spongebobby we are off to Turkey for 10days to a resort called icmeler. Am really looking forward to chilling and lots of yummy Turkish food. We have been naughty and booked an adults only resort, thought it would be more relaxing image good to see your mw check went well.

Tigerlily glad u heard babys heartbeat it's such a lovely feeling image xx
  • Options
    ooo have a lovely time Madam. x
  • Options
    Forgot to say yes I was mesured at 24cm which is apparently right for 24 weeks - some rule about being roughly the same no. of cm as you are weeks along??

But the MW said its more important that from now on I grow a cm a week rather than stick to the number of weeks, so if at 28 weeks I measure around 28cm this is good/average etc.