Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

well its official..........

I am on maternity leave image Yay...not so yay as I will now be pretty skint with 2 houses to pay for but what the hell....I seriously need to do some resting. I already have the next few weeks planned out, I am quite crafty so have decided to make some headbands for Megan and Baby Bean and some hair clips too, just got to wait for the stuff to arrive. Will post some pics when they are done image

Seen the consultant today, baby now weighs 3lb 4.3oz image she has put on 3oz in 10 days, the little chunk. She is also head down and not back to back and the consultant says she seems quite comfy and low so she may stay this way image

Her movements have stepped up a gear the last few days, she is so active all the time, consultant says its because she is running out of room quite quickly so I am feeling them more which I am not complaining about image its quite difficult to get comfy at night though as she kicks like mad when I lay on my sides so prefers me on my back which hurts my hips and pelvis but this is all so so worth it image

Replies

• Options
    Hi Torch,

Congratulation on Maternity leave. Does this mean you have more time to buy shoes for your little one!?!

If you don't mind me asking why are you paying for two houses?

Sb x
  • Options
    It does in deed :lol: I think OH is going to lock me away to stop me buying any more lol

Course I don't mind image my parents house was signed over to me a few years ago when they hit money issues. my dad's health became really bad, still is and he needed to finish work and they got a bit stuck. So I offered to pay their mortgage on the condition the house was signed over to me. They still live there though and that will never change, its still their home and I would never want to see them leave it. They helped me out many many times so its only fair I do the same for them. Even when they pass away I will sell the house and my sister will have half, thats what they wanted when the house was theirs image it doesn't bother me, its not about the money to me, its about them being happy. I also pay the rent on my house image not so happy about that one though :lol:

xx
  • Options
    congrats on the mat leave!! YAY!!!! image

On the house front, torch you are a lovely person to do what you are doing for your parents. If I were in your situation, and I'm being honest, I would pay my parent's mortgage if I could and let them stay as you are, but I don't know that I'd share quite half of the value with my sister if they passed away. You are very good indeed.

Enjoy all the craft making!! I have been doing lots of crafts with elsie - made beaded bracelets today, decorated letters etc!! x
  • Options
    Yippee, another milestone reached, the start of mat leave. Make the most of your time it'll go fast (though it may not always feel like it). Good news on your little beany, mines sitting very low now (though still not convinced we've mastered head down yet) & is highly active in there with lots of kicks around belly button. Getting lots more BH coming in now too (prompting all the 'it'll def come early' comments). Still just about prepped now, few finishing touches to go, roll on September.
  • Options
    yay for your materity leave.But i have to agree with cutiepiesmum on that one regrading half each.I would want my money then half,but then my sister aint very deserving and will take take take,is that mean of me!!So you are very kind persno.x
  • Options
    yay for your materity leave.But i have to agree with cutiepiesmum on that one regrading half each.I would want my money then half,but then my sister aint very deserving and will take take take,is that mean of me!!So you are very kind persno.x

I know what you mean and people do think its odd but its just not about the money for me really. My sister is my best friend and I know that the money would make her dreams come true. I kind of see it like a savings account, I will end up with more than I have put in image so I don't mind sharing xx
  • Options
    Thats good how you are so close to your sister.My two sister and i do get on well but have been very much given things on a plate and haven't appreciated them so thats why i think like that.If it was my brother on the other hand i would do the same as you as he does alot and doesn't get what he deserves.Your must be a really good sister.But then coming down to it when my parents do go (hopefully not for a long time as they are young and don't want them to for a long time) We would always share things in equally as thats how i think it should be.If i had money to help my parents put i would as i know they are struggling and live in oz but i wouldn't never afford our mortgage and there's.x