Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had a scare

So last night in work my little bit of pelvic pressure and back ache became unbearable, i was crying my eyes out, couldnt sit down. On the plus side i work in a&e and was in triage with the whole waiting room witnessing my pregnancy dilema. One of the sisters comes in and rushed me up to labour ward, guess what no room. Sent to antenatal ward were i was checked not dilated but having a few contractions.

Had to have steriod shots to help my little bubs lungs and i have been but on bed rest and discahrged home today.

Very high risk of a preterm labour now. Fingers crossed im 32 weeks need to get to at least 36.

So i get home and hubby asks me what im making for tea, is he having a laugh. so i have had words and took to my bed

Replies

• Options
    Oh hunny, must be something in the air. My babas arnt growing too well so mite be delivered soon too. Hope them contractions calm down and try and relax xx
  • Options
    would be less stresseed if i could sort work out,

Ive taken 3 days off sick till thursday have 2 days off then 5 days holiday, then only have 3 shifts left then 18 days holiday before mat leave starts may loose those 18 days. Hate worrying it isnt good for me.
  • Options
    Hope it works out ok for you. lots of rest now!!!

SB x
  • Options
    Just told hubby may loose 18 days holiday and he said go back to work, is he having a laugh :evil:
  • Options
    Hay hope your ok and hopefully them contractions will behave until nearer your due date.could you bring you holiday forward and use them up then start mat leave.i had to do this when i went in to prem labour and they managed to stop it but told to stop work.you mat leave would start a few days earlier but would mean you wouldn't lose your holiday?x
  • Options
    I asked this today and my boss said didnt know how legal it was so going to ring hr in the morning, they only have to bring it forward 5 days, but can see them being awkward.
  • Options
    oh right hopefully they can sort it for you.i was at tescos when i had dd,i went into prem labour at 27 weeks and had a week off but did go back to work for a few weeks then i got bad spd and had to leave as went into prem labour again at 32 but they did stop it again.Tesco are bad at giving time off and i had to really push my time off,luckly i had a good team leader at the time and he sorted it out so i didn't lose any holiday/pay etc.From what i remember i was told you can use you holiday up when you finish work before mat pay buy not 100%.you could ask at citizen advice to make sure you get a fair outcome.x
  • Options
    Just had a read and theycant bring my mat leave forward because my due day is more than 4 weeks away so they are going to have to do something, Bloody nhs lol, are sympathatic to sick staff
  • Options
    But do you know what my little boy is the most important thing now, keep telling him he has to stay in lol
  • Options
    hope everything goes ok and your LO stays put a bit longer. not sure about work situation. i got signed off ages ago, had my hols then went straight on to mat leave
  • Options
    Looks like I'm not going to be the first any more :lol: I hope your little one stays put a little longer but please take it easy hun x
  • Options
    I hope baby stays put a little longer for u hun. I hope u get some joy sorting out the work situ xx
  • Options
    Hey, hope you're feeling a little better today, rest often and hopefully things will settle down a bit. As for work you're quite right, they can not enforce early Mat leave unless you are off with a pregnancy related illness within the last four weeks of your pregnancy term (so if you return for those last three days which you are entitled to do if you are currently rostered to do so, then everything should remain as it is)