Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are you trying?

For inducing labour? My pregnancy hasn't really gone to plan since day one. I haven't been able to try any of the tips and advice to bring on labour as baby was breech. Today I have:

1. Started raspberry leaf tea- I know I am probably way to late to be starting it but hey, its worth a try. It smells amazing but tastes really bland.

2. Pineapple, and lots of it. Will be getting more tomorrow

3. Sex- Poor OH :lol:

4. spicy food, I don't like any sort of curries etc so I am just having extra spicy pizza and spicy wedges

5. Birthing ball- Will be doing this after tea.

What are you guys doing?

Replies

• Options
    I'm not doing anything! Trying to avoid going into labour before my csec on 5th Sept - it would cause absolute chaos in my house if I did (nobody to look after dd!)!. That said, I have been eating a LOT of spicy food, just seem to be craving it at the moment! I'm hoping LO plays the game and doesn't rock up before he's supposed to! Good luck! x
  • Options
    Anything and everything :lol: . Seriously, will be trying the good ol' DTD again as it worked last time (jockey position is best). Chilli con carne is another favourite, along with the curries and pizzas. Failing that a soak in a bath of clary sage oil (though as this can intensify contractions tenfold, will make this my last resort).
  • Options
    hey.

Ive just started trying things to bring on labour,not done everything on this list but tried most.

Im taking the raspberry leaf tablets, because i dont like the taste of the tea. you could also try

-sex (plenty of it)

-bathing in clary sage oil. (just started using it)

-bumpy car rides (not done them yet)

-hot/spicy foods (not brave enuff yet)

-pineapple (love it, eating plenty even if it dosnt work)

-castor oil (wouldnt be so keen on that one)

-walking up and down stairs

-blowing up balloons image

hope tht helps.
  • Options
    hey.

Ive just started trying things to bring on labour,not done everything on this list but tried most.

Im taking the raspberry leaf tablets, because i dont like the taste of the tea. you could also try

-sex (plenty of it)

-bathing in clary sage oil. (just started using it)

-bumpy car rides (not done them yet)

-hot/spicy foods (not brave enuff yet)

-pineapple (love it, eating plenty even if it dosnt work)

-castor oil (wouldnt be so keen on that one)

-walking up and down stairs

-blowing up balloons

hope tht helps.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE CASTOR OIL.

I cannot beg you enough not to use it hun. My friend used it and her little boy died in labour because of it :cry: it's just not worth the risk hun xx
  • Options
    Not heard of blowing up balloons before!

Not trying anything until September the 1st comes along - then i'm not sure what i'll do yet! Do want to try the raspberry leaf tea as it's supposed to make labour easier as well as earlier, but don't want him coming before september so not gonna start on that yet.

xxx
  • Options
    Its fun to try image I haven't been able to do anything normal this pregnancy so I may as well enjoy trying these tips out lol xx
  • Options
    My cousin says that getting emotional helps bring on labour. She watches teary films and lets it all out and has twice went into labour same night!

I'm trying warm baths, walking, stairs, birthing ball, having been taking rasp tea leaf tabs since 32 weeks. Should try having sex but not feeling remotely sexy!

Imagine if my waters burst on him!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Good luck ladies!

cx
  • Options
    My cousin says that getting emotional helps bring on labour. She watches teary films and lets it all out and has twice went into labour same night!

I'm trying warm baths, walking, stairs, birthing ball, having been taking rasp tea leaf tabs since 32 weeks. Should try having sex but not feeling remotely sexy!

Imagine if my waters burst on him!!!

Good luck ladies!

cx

Bring on P.S I love you :lol: gets me going every time.
  • Options
    marley and me

notebook

beaches

my sisters keeper

these films always get me teary!

cx
  • Options
    I'm really up for trying anything (Except the castor oil!)

Started the rlt around 35 weeks which I think helped a bit last time. Have built up weekly and currently on 3 cups a day.

Ball bouncing, walking (as much as my sore backs and hips will carry me!) Had a hot curry last night too.

Need to tempt hubby back to bed which is tricky as had to kick him out weeks ago, not being able to get comfy and waking him up with my loo trips. Definitely up for the sex, not swallowing semen (think I'd rather go overdue!)

Who knows whether any of the old wives tales work but I'm willing to try anything to avoid going overdue again!

If anyone has any success with anything, please let me know xx
  • Options
    NIPPLE STIMULATION

Is supposed to work :lol:
  • Options
    lol torch i just saw this on the news thread and it cheered me up x
  • Options
    Good luck with the 'self-induction'.

I'm not trying anything!! I want my baby to be one of the eldest in the school year so hoping he will wait until 1st September or later. We are also still painting the nursery so whilst its not the end of the world if he arrives before its done - we'd rather have it finished so we don't waste the first few weeks doing DIY when he's here.image

I think any form of exercise is good and I heard that everytime you sit you should lean forward and not back as this increases the pressure of baby's head on your cervix which can help it all get going.image

Be interesting to see if anyone can bring their labour on early but I guess we'll never really know whether it would've happened anyway or which method worked or they all had a part to play. image
  • Options
    I am not personally trying to bring on labour, I just want my cervix to be favourable for the induction. It took 3 days on Megan image and then needed my waters breaking and a drip! I am hoping the RLT will help with the 2nd stage of labour rather than bring it on.

So far its just given me a bad tummy and a headache :lol:
  • Options
    I have been trying....

Raspberry leaf tea

Bouncing on birthing ball

bathing in clary sage oil

massages on lower back and bump with clary sage oil mixed with a massage oil

sex

pineapple

Must be working. Am 35+4 and 4/5ths engaged, been having mild contractions since sunday, very strong tightening since thursday and last night lost some of my plug... well we pretty sure thats what it was and after a phone call to describe it they seem pretty sure too!

Am booked in for induction at 38 weeks on friday 2nd september but my consultant doesn't think I'm going to make it that far!

All just a waiting game now and I'm so excited, yet scared for labour haha :lol:

• Options
    also.... about the nipple stimulation!

My friend had tried everything and nothing was working for her, her OH read about this on the internet and she just laughed thinking it wouldn't work but tried it and went into labour a few hours later and had her baby boy the next day image

My consultant said its because it makes the muscles contract, same as they would when baby is breast feeding.

I shall start trying this too lol x
  • Options
    lol. get your OH to help you stimulate your nipple's. just tell him a fib and tell him he will get something out of it too, that or take it in shifts. I think ill leave that one mine are as far too tender for that lol. xx
  • Options
    At the moment nothing as i want to deliver in my local hospital but can only from 37 as scbu is closed (not sure if full or just closed).But when i get 37 weeks i will be on holiday so lots of walking,swimming etc.We will only be jusy over an hour away so don't matter if i go into labour there as mil caravan.x
  • Options
    Nothing as I'm farrrr too lazy :lol:

I'm planning to start the RLT capsules now though, and ball bouncing! I've been having some toe curling pains so looking foward to mw tomorrow to see what baby is up to. My ds was born on due date and dd was 40+6 but she was back to back and in an akward position, I started losing lots of show at 40+3 and waters started to go at 40+4, so I don't think I;'ll go far over - well fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I go on pregly which is an american phone app. The ladies from over the water also try

Cumin or cinnamon tea

Labour cake which i believe to be a double devils chocolate cake 2 boxes and the frosting! sounds yum except im a mega strict sugar free diet!