Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sweep today

Got the midwife this pm and she said last week she'll do a sweep if he hasn't arrived yet. I'm actually looking forward to the sweep less than the actual labour!

Is it really uncomfortable? All i can think about is how much i hate having smear tests and it must be pretty similar. Just hope it works, i want to meet my boy!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    All the best and hope all goes well and something happens for you.

Let us know how you get on x
  • Options
    had mine yesterday it wasnt too bad, its not done anything though =[ x
  • Options
    Well didn't get my sweep after all as my cervix isn't favourable! Had thinned out though so at least that's something. Was a bit disappointed though.

Then midwife sent me to the hospital coz my blood pressure was higher than usual for me. Was hooked up to a monitor for an hour to keep an eye on baby's heartbeat and contractions while i had my bp taken another 4 times. Didn't go much lower but as it's not massively high and i have no other symptoms of anything (including pre-eclampsia which was their main worry) she said i'm still low risk and sent me home to keep an eye out for anything dodgy. My uterus is contracting, but nowhere near regular and i can't even tell so they've got no idea really how close i am!

On the plus side i'm now 2/5 engaged and am convinced my bump has finally dropped a little bit as my shelf seems to have disappeared! However this does mean i need the toilet pretty much as soon as i've just been!

xxx
  • Options
    Sorry you didn't get sweep done but other signs all sounding good. All the best and hope it's not long for you now xx